Saturday, June 05, 2010 3:20 AM
This is a surprisingly buggy forum.
Here is a list with some of the problems/bugs I found. Some of them may not be news but that's even worse.
1) Lots of duplicate (or even triplicate) posts
2) Out of order posts
3) When click "Ask a question", first time nothing happens except the window scrolls up to the top. Only the second time the edit control appears.
4) When writing a post if click some links, such as "Mark as answer", the edit area dissapears. If then try to click "Reply", a message pops up:"You must close first the edit window" (or something like that), although no such window anymore and no way to get it back.
5) When writing a post, Enter key insert a blank line. Have to use Shift+Enter instead.
6) No spell check
I'm using IE8 and WinXP prof
Sunday, June 06, 2010 2:50 AM
I also have seen problems with log ins persistaing and having to go through screens I should not be seeing either.
Vote if answered or helpful, I am running for Office (joke)! IT/Developer, Windows/Linux/Mainframe Need a some parts finish the new server, see the site for remaining items needed
Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:36 AMOwner
Interesting. Lots of issues here.
#1 has been fixed a few times (for a few different cases/reasons). #2 seems to be fixed. #3 seems to be fixed. #4 seems to be fixed, but a few scenarios still exist that are "by design". The design is that you should only do one thing at a time, but your exact issue seems to be fixed. #5 seems to be fixed. #6 is interesting. That feature used to exist. It was removed because it was causing too much trouble and we moved to a better editor without the feature. Many web browsers now build that feature in, so it was out of scope/plan.
- Marked As Answer by Ed Price - MSFTMicrosoft Employee, Owner Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:37 AM