A free tool based on the Microsoft Sync Framework which helps you copy, move, rename, and delete files between folders and computers quickly.
SyncToy 2.1 Available for Download!
Windows 7 & SyncToy 2.0We have just completed a test pass on SyncToy 2.0 running on Windows 7 and am happy to announce that we have not found any issues. Ultimately, SyncToy is provided “as is,” and Microsoft does not actually provide official support services for it. However, for those of you that have started to use Windows 7, you should expect to have a similar experience to that of other platforms such as Windows XP and Vista and if issues arise please let us know on this forum.
Important NAS and SyncToy 2.0 InformationPlease note that there are known issues when using SyncToy 2.0 with a Home NAS. When using a NAS, there is a chance of file corruption. We have found this to be the case across the board for all NAS configurations. We highly recommend that users avoid using SyncToy 1.x and 2.0 with NAS configurations.
This issue will be fixed in an upcoming release. Unfortunately there are no known workarounds for this issue with SyncToy 2.0 and previous builds.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 48423edpcomputer Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:32 PM
- 0105MahaLakshmi99 Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:40 AM
- 0200Dieselweasel185 Thursday, June 06, 2013 8:52 PM
- 0132Didadadu Wednesday, June 05, 2013 7:05 AM
- 0156phnguyen Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:55 AM
- 0146zhanghlivan Tuesday, June 04, 2013 3:00 AM
- 0154SVStorm Monday, June 03, 2013 7:38 PM
- 0200SVStorm Monday, June 03, 2013 7:34 PM
- 0228flying_plum Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:18 AM
- 0210P_Weekes Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:45 PM
- 0230VWendyK Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:57 PM
- 35595Lestory Friday, December 21, 2012 5:09 AM
- 0294Rashid Nadeem Monday, May 20, 2013 2:08 PM
- 0247HelpSeekerKSA Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:17 AM
- 0247WelshGap Friday, May 17, 2013 8:13 PM
SyncToy has detected that you haven't synchronized folder pair Shared Data with the following endpoint C:\Shared\Data\. Would you like to continue?Tony del Campo Sunday, May 12, 2013 2:15 PM
- 0270Stig Kersten Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:58 PM
- 49402s31064 Monday, August 29, 2011 9:03 PM
- 2918018KAS1247 Monday, January 16, 2012 8:55 PM
- 0398steve cope Saturday, May 04, 2013 10:15 PM