Tuesday, May 01, 2012 9:31 PM
The issue is an error message pops up and streaming stops while playing a video using silverlight.
Information about the error:
- usually happens when the entire file is buffered 100%
- error occurs when the file playing gets to 80 - 99%
- happens to all video file formats supported by WHS
- this is the error message:
- users use windows 7, windows vista and mac osx mountain lion with silverlight to play files
- asus maximus extreme-z motherboard
- i7 2700k 3.5GHz
-16 GB ram(8 usable)
- dual onboard network cards 1GBs
Thursday, May 03, 2012 7:13 AMModeratorHi Dejan, does the issue occur if you play two concurrent remote video streams? Have you tried this on Internet Explorer?
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Dejan Petrovski Saturday, May 05, 2012 1:12 PM
Saturday, May 05, 2012 1:12 PMThat error seems to be eliminated when using internet explorer even when playing multiple remote video streams. Thanks for pointing this out, friends are not too happy that they can only use IE for streaming to work.
Saturday, May 05, 2012 3:16 PMModerator
... friends are not too happy that they can only use IE for streaming to work.To be honest, Microsoft seems uninterested in supporting browsers other than Internet Explorer. I have submitted multiple bugs relating to media, Silverlight, and browsers such as Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, and they've all been closed as "external" or "won't fix".
I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)