Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:38 PM
Report builder from within SharePoint 2010 fails with "error message"
[4/16/2012 10:51:41 AM] Robert Davis: Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [4/13/2012 8:30:47 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
- File, Microsoft.ReportingServices.RsClient.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
We did download Report Builder 3.0 stand alone and it works.
System is SharePoint 2010 Enterprise, SQL Server 2008 R2
We replaced the above .dll, but that didn't work.
Our guess is that there is some security on SQL Svr that isn't allowing us to execute this command.
We are working with a client at an California university on a SP 2007 to SP 2010 upgrade. We have worked with the client'sSys Admin, but they have not been able to identify the issue.
We need some assistance (and next step's) on how to resolve SQL Svr permission issue.
Monday, August 06, 2012 8:13 AM
As you know You start Report Builder stand-alone from the Start menu on your local computer. In contrast to the ClickOnce version, which you launch from Report Manager or a SharePoint library, you or an administrator must install Report Builder directly on your computer before the tool is available for you to use. The stand-alone version is not installed when you install SQL Server 2008 R2; you must download and install it separately.
To start Report Builder ClickOnce from Report Manager
- In your Web browser, type the URL for your report server in the address bar. By default, the URL is http://<servername>/reports. Report Manager opens.
- Click Report Builder. Report Builder opens and you can create a report or open a report on the report server.
To Configure Report Builder SharePoint INtegrated mode in Central Administration
- In SharePoint 2010 Central Administration, click the General Application Settings tab
- In the Reporting Services application section, click Set Server Defaults.
- Press ENTER.
- Report Builder opens and you can create a report or open a report on the report server.
To start Report Builder ClickOnce in SharePoint integrated mode
- Navigate to the SharePoint site that contains the library you want.
- Open the library.
- Click Documents.
- On the New Document menu, click Report Builder Report. Report Builder opens and you can create a report or open a report on the report server.
To start Report Builder stand-alone from the Start menu
- On the Start menu, click All Programs, and then click Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Report Builder 3.0.
- Click Report Builder 3.0.
- Report Builder opens and you can create or open a report.
- Click Report Builder 3.0 Help to open the documentation for Report Builder.