none
Calling a Cutom Entity from a Button

Question

• HI All,
    i am new in Microsoft Dynamics.
    i am stuck an issue, i want to call an custom entity from a button. But i am unable to call it can any one help me out on this?
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:09 AM

Answers

• Dear Hammad,

If you want to display grid and things like showing in MS CRM, better to write asp.net form , use crm css / & load asp.net grid with the same data.

CRM SDK will help u.

Regards,

Imran

Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hi There,

1. Do these steps
     - Open the new form of the entity and press CTRL+N this way it will load into another IE window and now you can take that URL and put it in your menu's onclick action.
    2. use the URL Addressable form ?

3. See CRM SDK.

Regards,

Imran

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:19 PM
  • Thanks Imran of ur kind reply... i don't want a new record window i want  the View Window within the existing window like crm is doing... hope u got my point

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:33 PM
  • Hello Hammad,

I'm not quite clear what you're asking, but I'm guessing that you have a button, that when clicked you want to open a window which contains a form of an existing record?  If so, this can be done, when you create that button, you can attach a JavaScript event to it.  Inside that event, you can call the "window.open(...)" method, pass in a url.

Now the url, you'll have to custom build it...the first half will always be the same with the server, port, etc.  The next parts of the URL will have the unique id of the record.  For an example, as mentioned above, do a Ctrl-N of the record you want to see and you'll see the URL for that particular recrod.  You'll have to put that exact url in the JavaScript "window.open(..)" method to pop that up.

I hope that helps!

Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:53 AM
  • Hello,

dear i have an entity it is already showing in my workspace when i click on it, it shows me all record window. i want the same thing with my custom button on the top navigation. Hope now u can understand what i want. Thanks

Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Dear Hammad,

If you want to display grid and things like showing in MS CRM, better to write asp.net form , use crm css / & load asp.net grid with the same data.

CRM SDK will help u.

Regards,

Imran

Thursday, January 15, 2009 7:20 AM
  • Imran thanks alot for this. But i think it is possible using CRM customization i mean without using SDK.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:41 PM