none
Change hard drive, factory restore, windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware

Pregunta

• OS = Windows 7
    Computer = Gateway FX6840
    Media = Gateway Recovery Media
    Hard drive mode is set to AHCI in BIOS

I Started encountering S.M.A.R.T. errors.

I Backed up my data.

I Replaced original 1TB Seagate hard drive with a new 2TB Seagate Barracuda STBD2000101 SATA. Computer is otherwise Equipped as it was from the factory... no additional or changed equipment.

I Tried restoring Windows 7 from the rescue discs created with the "Gateway Recovery Management"

Windows files copy over, machine reboots, installs devices, then it stops at "Setup is starting services" and a window opens with the message "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware"

I can't apply the solution from Article ID: 2466753 because the factory restore process doesn't seem to provide a Load Driver option.

Any help would be much appreciated... Gateway is only interested in collecting money.  They have no interest in serving poor suckers that purchase their products (Computer is 2 years old so it's out of warrantee).

• Cambiado Reed Copsey, JrMVP jueves, 04 de octubre de 2012 0:30 Off topic (From:Windows Forms General)
    jueves, 04 de octubre de 2012 0:27

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas