none
"cant open xml file c"

Pregunta

• Hello everyone. I have installed the hdview photoshop plugin (i have photoshop cs3) and i have this problem...

When i try to export a panoramic photo i get the following message: "cant open xml file C"

Does anybody know how can i  fix it?????????????

domingo, 21 de noviembre de 2010 0:19

Todas las respuestas

• You can try our new Photoshop plugin that uploads panoramas to Photosynth:

http://hdview.wordpress.com/2010/11/26/panorama-uploads-from-photoshop/

--Howard

miércoles, 01 de diciembre de 2010 21:15
  • I'm getting the same error (CS4 on W7 64bit).  I dont understand this solution -- will this create HDView files that I can host myself, or just the photosynth version?

Thanks,

Matt

jueves, 30 de diciembre de 2010 8:48
  • From what i have read your panoramas will be hosted to photosynth's website. But this solution is not convenient because if you have for example a 3gigabyte image or more, it will take you hours to upload it.  I dont find this solution good for me because i want initialy my HDview content to be in my computer for local use.
    jueves, 30 de diciembre de 2010 12:39
  • Hi Matt,

Yes the new plugin is for hosting panoramas on the Photosynth site.

For the XML error with the HDView plugin, first uncheck "Open Web Page After Export".  Then look at the .htm file that was generated ("yourfile.htm").  In it try replacing "FileName=#hdvxmlembed" with "FileName=yourfile.xml" or "FileName=yourfile_hdv.xml" and see if that works.

--Howard

miércoles, 05 de enero de 2011 18:00
  • Howard,

I've never used photosynth.  This is pretty much off-topic, but do you know whether photosynth can be used to visualize this inside of a tunnel?   Here is an example of a series of 360 panoramas I've made in a tunnel  http://www.360cities.net/tour-preview/crrel-permafrost-tunnel-panoramic-tour .  What I'd like to know is whether I could photosynth to create a seamless version of these individual panoramas.  Ideally what I'd like is to create a true 3D model, extract a point cloud, create a tubular surface from it, and then texture the surface with the photos as a seamless mosaic that one could move through.  Is something like possible in photosynth?  I'd appreciate links to anything similar or related.

Thanks,

Matt

domingo, 09 de enero de 2011 9:41