Date and Time during WHS Software Install

Debate general

•  

I have spent hours troubleshooting a non-connect to Server problem (Discovery didn't work) on a re-installation and it turned out to be Date, Time, and Time Zone were all wrong as compared to my PC.  The WHS Install Software I have (launch software), did not question me or give me a fill-in-the-blanks statement on setting Date, Time, and Zone, and Daylight Savings. Is this in the latest software? I would think at least when I go for the updates part of the install some kind of pop-up or anything should ask me Date and time, or better yet automatically seek out "Time @ Microsoft.com" and set my Server. This should also be very apparent and one of the first questions within Toolkit troubleshooting and within the “Troubleshooting Windows Home Server Connector Installation” booklet, (9/2007).

I did give this feedback to “Connect”.

viernes, 24 de octubre de 2008 15:06

Todas las respuestas

• After installation the server has the Pacific time zone as default, which causes indeed trouble.
    This has already been reported in the past and seems to be the case also in some other Windows versions.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    sábado, 25 de octubre de 2008 20:20
    Moderador