Writing code to act as first party call control?

Pregunta

• Hi,

Some background details:

The Polycom CX200 device works with the desktop Office Communicator via a USB cable.

We have been testing the Snom 300 phone with the OCS firmware & it's been working very well.  The Snom phone is a stand alone unit - NOT connected to the PC with a USB cable.

When placing a call from your desk OC - the call is handled on your PC - not on the phone.  Incoming calls can be answered on the phone - but there is no desktop control of the phone.

Snom has software to make calls from your desktop in Outlook & to control the phone.

I would like to 'intergrate' with the desk OC client - so that the Snom phone can be controlled in a first party call control manner the same as the CX200, but without the direct USB connection.

I have Visual Studio Pro 2008 & some limited experience with some OC customisation.  I was hoping someone has attempted something like this & can share with me the best way to do this, what API or development tool would be best, what pitfalls to look oiut for, etc...

Basically - any advice or guides welcome.

Regards

Paul Adams

viernes, 27 de marzo de 2009 16:16

Todas las respuestas