none
Microsoft Security Essentials is slowing down my computer performance???

Question

•  

Hi..I remember my previous Microsoft Live Onecare security and virus protection software works excellent. When it was change to Microsoft Security Essentials, the former was discontinued, the actions and protection mode were different. This Security Essentials is working properly with my computer and make automatic updates online. Everytime my computer delete files and removed viruses are put in the Recycle bin folders and its not secured I should say it. Those virus files that were put inside the bin should be secured, locked or zipped as we say. One more thing Security Essential stores all these deleted files in internal memory that cause burden slowing mode of my computer and don't have any options to secure it to my external memory to zipped or locked. There is one case I open the Rbin folder and my cursor accidentally pointed to this unsecured file, A Severe Alert caused  my computer to do a removal action of a Trojan-aluree virus, still lucky. If somebody had experience same problem with my computer please enlightened me..

• Déplacé Bob_BaoMVP mardi 1 mars 2011 06:35 (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Development)
    samedi 26 février 2011 16:49

Toutes les réponses

• Maybe you should take the time to adjust your Security Essential settings
    so that Virus’ are deleted..........

peter

If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
    or disruptive,please ignore it.
    If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
    to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
    "Neri and Live Onecare" wrote in message news:5187fc8e-b07d-4246-8965-1926376994ac...

Hi..I remember my previous Microsoft Live Onecare security and virus protection software works excellent. When it was change to Microsoft Security Essentials, the former was discontinued, the actions and protection mode were different. This Security Essentials is working properly with my computer and make automatic updates online. Everytime my computer delete files and removed viruses are put in the Recycle bin folders and its not secured I should say it. Those virus files that were put inside the bin should be secured, locked or zipped as we say. One more thing Security Essential stores all these deleted files in internal memory that cause burden slowing mode of my computer and don't have any options to secure it to my external memory to zipped or locked. There is one case I open the Rbin folder and my cursor accidentally pointed to this unsecured file, A Severe Alert caused  my computer to do a removal action of a Trojan-aluree virus, still lucky. If somebody had experience same problem with my computer please enlightened me..

dimanche 27 février 2011 00:08
  • it does not look like you need to rewrite your software to fix a compability issue. try the mse forum on answers.microsoft.com instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    dimanche 27 février 2011 21:31
  • Hi Neri,

It seems not a software development question, please post it to Microsoft Answer site for Security Essentials: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

mardi 1 mars 2011 06:35