none
Outlook CRM Client is not able to connect to CRM 2011 server (CRM 2011 is in Windows Enterprise 2008 Enterprise and SQL 2008 and Outlook 2011)

Question

• I have installed in the Outlook Client software in my machine for to connect my CRM 2011 server. I can able to connect the CRM server by using URL in my internet explorer but the same if try to connect through my outlook (using the same string), i was getting the below error mesage. Can any one give me the solution on the below error.

Error Message

"There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

Srini
    vendredi 25 mars 2011 11:03

Réponses

Toutes les réponses

• When the error is produced.

At the begining of client installation or in the middle?

BTW, is applicationPool for MSCRM running under domain user account or under local system or network account?

vendredi 25 mars 2011 14:28
  • After installing the outlook client applciation in the client machine, when i try to connect to CRM 2011 server, i was getting this error. The same url link is working fine with Internet Explorer. Only on outlook connection i was getting this error. Hope this information will meet your doubts. If you can provide me some tips / soltutions will be very helpful. I have tried in various possible ways, but still i am getting the same error.

regards

Srini

Srini
    vendredi 25 mars 2011 14:44
  • I'm not sure, I don't know how your system is configured.

I had similar problem. My Outlook client was also able to retrieve organization trough URL, but my error was – Cannot communicate with CRM server, when Organization should be initialized.

I don't know how your installation is done, if you are running CRM on IIS7 and your crm application pool is running under domain user acoutn, try editing applicationhoste.config file

See the poste below:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/995cf557-ae16-4379-8f9d-d6cd64295ba4

• Proposé comme réponse Ursa Pangos vendredi 25 mars 2011 18:16
    vendredi 25 mars 2011 16:57
  • I have checked my outlook connection into CRM server as per above thread, still i am getting the same error. The application is working very fine with Internet Explorer. Only outlook I am not able to connect. Is any setups to be done at CRM server end for Outlook interface.

Srini
    lundi 28 mars 2011 07:02
  • Per above thread suggest that you change applicationhoste.config file in C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config

lundi 28 mars 2011 07:27
  • I am not able to get the config file option to change. I have checked the SPN and also it is showing the correct value. if someone can help will very be great help. Is any settings to be changed at client side or at server end. I have also checked the Windows firewall and other security restrictions and no where it the port has been blocked.

Srini
    mardi 29 mars 2011 07:37
  • I think the above should solve the problem, it is setting to be chage on a IIS server....

mardi 29 mars 2011 08:30
  • i am not able to get that above configuration file. Can you please let me know exactly where i willl get the configuration file. so that i will check it and test my issue.

Srini
    mardi 29 mars 2011 08:45
  • The config file is located on IIS server. I assume you have IIS server on a same machine as CRM server, so check C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config

In this folder you should have applicationHost.config file which needs to be edit.

mardi 29 mars 2011 09:00
  • Quick question : Which version of Outlook are you using, you have mentioned it as Outlook 2011 (in the subject line) ?

Cheers, Edwin
    • Modifié Edwin2win mardi 29 mars 2011 09:08 spell
    mardi 29 mars 2011 09:07
  • I am using Office 2010 (outlook 2010) in my client machine.
    Srini
    mardi 29 mars 2011 09:16
  • after making the required changes in the configuration file, when i try to connect from my client machine outlook to my crm server, now i am getting different error. 

Error : "(The server address (URL) is not valid."

but the same string is working well through internet explorer.

Srini
    mardi 29 mars 2011 09:20
  • Couple of things to try,

• Try adding the CRM site URL to the Trusted Sites in IE (On the client machine) and try
    • If the problem still persists, try pulling the error logs from [drive]:\users\[currentuser]\appdata\local\microsoft\mscrm\logs\Crm50ClientConfig.log and paste it here for us.

Let us know with the results!

Cheers, Edwin
    mardi 29 mars 2011 09:35
  • One More tip to Add : Try embedding your Orgname when entering the URL
    Cheers, Edwin
    mardi 29 mars 2011 09:46
  • hi

i am pasting the log file details to you.

15:00:58|   Info| === Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard logging started: 3/29/2011 3:00:58 PM ===
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Initialize
    15:00:58|   Info| Client Configuration Wizard Version      : 5.0.9585.8
    15:00:58|   Info| Client Configuration Wizard LanguageID   : 1033
    15:00:58|   Info| Client Configuration Wizard Running Mode : Normal
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.Validator.IsOutlookInitialized
    15:00:58|   Info| Query all rows in profile table
    15:00:58|   Info| Outlook is  initialized
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.Validator.IsOutlookInitialized
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm.MainForm
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigInfo.ConfigInfo
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigInfo.ConfigInfo
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm.MainForm
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm.MainForm_Shown
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm.AddServer
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.ServerForm
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.ServerForm
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.SetUIData
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.LoadAvailableUrls
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.LoadAvailableUrls
    15:00:58|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.SetUIData
    15:01:14|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm._testConnectionButton_Click
    15:01:14|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    15:01:14|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    15:01:14|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm._testConnectionButton_Click
    15:01:18|  Error| Error connecting to URL: http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc?wsdl'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.99:5555
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataLocationRetriever.DownloadMetadata(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataRetriever.Retrieve(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataRetriever.Retrieve(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.ResolveNext(ResolveCallState resolveCallState)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.GetMetadata(MetadataRetriever retriever)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.GetMetadata(Uri address, MetadataExchangeClientMode mode)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceMetadataUtility.RetrieveServiceEndpoints(Type contractType, Uri serviceUri)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfiguration`1..ctor(Uri serviceUri)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateConfiguration[TService](Uri serviceUri)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClientAuthProvidersFactory`1.GetAuthProvider(Uri endPoint, Credential credentials, Boolean forceUI, Uri webEndPoint, IClientOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.DeploymentInfo.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
    15:01:18|  Error| Exception : Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc?wsdl'.    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.<InitializeBackgroundWorkers>b__0(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
    15:01:18|  Error| Exception : Unable to connect to the remote server    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.MetadataLocationRetriever.DownloadMetadata(TimeoutHelper timeoutHelper)
    15:01:38|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    15:01:38|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    15:01:39|  Error| Error connecting to URL: http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc?wsdl'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.99:5555
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.ResolveNext(ResolveCallState resolveCallState)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.GetMetadata(MetadataRetriever retriever)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.MetadataExchangeClient.GetMetadata(Uri address, MetadataExchangeClientMode mode)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceMetadataUtility.RetrieveServiceEndpoints(Type contractType, Uri serviceUri)
       at Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Client.ServiceConfigurationFactory.CreateConfiguration[TService](Uri serviceUri)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClientAuthProvidersFactory`1.GetAuthProvider(Uri endPoint, Credential credentials, Boolean forceUI, Uri webEndPoint, IClientOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.DeploymentInfo.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
    15:01:39|  Error| Exception : Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc?wsdl'.    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.<InitializeBackgroundWorkers>b__0(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
    15:01:39|  Error| Exception : Unable to connect to the remote server    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
    15:01:45|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    15:01:45|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.TestConnection
    15:01:46|  Error| Error connecting to URL: http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc?wsdl'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.2.99:5555
    15:01:46|  Error| Exception : Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'http://ebtcrm2011:5555/XRMServices/2011/Discovery.svc?wsdl'.    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.LoadOrganizations(Boolean forceUI)
    15:01:46|  Error| Exception : Unable to connect to the remote server    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

Srini
    mardi 29 mars 2011 09:53
  • As i understand (from the log file), it might have been caused by the firewall which is blocking the access to the CRM server, you may try allowing the CRM site URL/Port to the firewall exception list and check (OR) temporarily disable the firewall and check.  

If that is not the case, here is a post which describes and resolves this issue,

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/7d189bd3-23b0-451c-b1fa-c28d154384b0

Thanks!

Cheers, Edwin
    mardi 29 mars 2011 10:56
  • The firewall is Off on the CRM Server. From the above thread, i am not able to get the proper solutions for the error which i am getting. Requesting if anyone has any solutions please provide me.
    Srini
    mardi 29 mars 2011 13:08
  • hi

Good Morning.

Any luck to get some solutions..... I have checked/chnaged the with reference to above feedbacks and threads but the still error remains same.

Srini
    jeudi 31 mars 2011 05:16
  • Verify that your SPNs for services account are configured propertly
    mardi 10 mai 2011 20:44
  • I have the very same issue...

Dynamics CRM 2011 - with Rollup 01 hosted on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise - with SP1, SQL 2008 R2 hosted on separate Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 server

Outlook 2011 x32 with Dynamics CRM 2011 client for Outlook build version 5.0.9688.1045

server and client firewalls have been switched off.

IIS applicationhost.config has been edited to add - useKernelMode="true" useAppPoolCredentials="true">

Despite the latest patches, rollups and "fixes" - the client for outlook refuses to connect...

This is a copy of the error/trace log....

Can anyone please assist?

21:54:35|   Info| Set org-based registry values.
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OrganizationRepositoryConfigurator.Configure
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.PrimaryConfigurator.Configure
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.PrimaryConfigurator.SetPrimaryContextValues
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.PrimaryConfigurator.SetPrimaryContextValues
    21:54:35|   Info| Set Primary Org values.
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.PrimaryConfigurator.Configure
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.DeleteV4CrmDatastore
    21:54:35|   Info| Logon mapi store
    21:54:35|   Info| Logon admin service
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetCrmStoreServiceId
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetServiceIds
    21:54:35|   Info| Query all rows in msg service table
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetServiceIds
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetCrmStoreServiceId
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.DeleteV4CrmDatastore
    21:54:35|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime
    21:54:43|  Error| Exception : Server was unable to process request.    at Microsoft.Crm.MapiStore.DataStore.WaitInitialized()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.InitializeMapiStoreForFirstTime()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(Object stateInfo)
    21:54:43|  Error| Exception : Server was unable to process request.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OrganizationRepositoryConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OrganizationRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveContextValues
    21:55:44|   Info| Delete org-based registry keys.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OrganizationRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveContextValues
    21:55:44|   Info| Remove org-based registry values.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OrganizationRepositoryConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveFixedRegistryValuesAction
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed the form region for IPM.Note in Office registry hive.
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed the form region for IPM.Appointment in Office registry hive.
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed the form region for CRM.Task in Office registry hive.
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed the form region for CRM.Contact in Office registry hive.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveFixedRegistryValuesAction
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveIntegrationKey
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveIntegrationKey
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveCrmRibbonAddinRegistryValuesAction
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed the crm ribbon addin keys under Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\crmaddin.RibbonAddin
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveCrmAddinOfficeResiliencyRegValuesAction
    21:55:44|   Info| Deleted the resiliency keys under Software\Microsoft\Office
    21:55:44|   Info| Deleted the resiliency keys under Software\Microsoft\Office
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveCrmAddinOfficeResiliencyRegValuesAction
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.RemoveCrmRibbonAddinRegistryValuesAction
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.AddinConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.StopApplicationHosterAction
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.StopApplicationHosterAction
    21:55:44|   Info| Stopped application hoster.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveApplicationhosterSettings
    21:55:44|   Info| Deleted Application hoster registry value.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveApplicationhosterSettings
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed application hoster settings.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator+DeleteUserApplicationFilesAction.DeleteUserApplicationFilesAction
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator+DeleteUserApplicationFilesAction.DeleteUserApplicationFilesAction
    21:55:44|   Info| Deleted user application files.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveSQMRegkeysAndDirectory
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed SQM registry keys.
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed SQM queue directory.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveSQMRegkeysAndDirectory
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed SQM registry key values and directory.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveConfigurationRegistryValuesAction
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveLaptopClientRegistryValues
    21:55:44|   Info| Deleted Crm allow list key.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveLaptopClientRegistryValues
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed Laptop client registry keys.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.RemoveConfigurationRegistryValuesAction
    21:55:44|   Info| Removed Crm client registry keys.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.GlobalRepositoryConfigurator.Unconfigure
    21:55:44|  Error| Failed to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with <My Organisation Name>.
    21:55:44|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure
    21:55:44|  Error| Exception : Cannot configure the organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Try to configure the organization again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Execute(ActionCommand command, ServerInfo serverInfo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ServerForm.<InitializeBackgroundWorkers>b__3(Object sender, RunWorkerCompletedEventArgs e)
    21:55:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm.AddServer
    21:55:56|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm.MainForm_Shown
    21:55:57|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Terminate
    21:55:57|   Info| Exit code: Default
    21:55:57|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Terminate
    21:55:57|   Info| === Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard logging stopped: 2011/05/31 09:55:57 PM ===

• Proposé comme réponse csamuel mercredi 8 juin 2011 07:56
    • Non proposé comme réponse csamuel mercredi 8 juin 2011 07:57
    mardi 31 mai 2011 20:17
  • Hi Srinivasan,

I faced a similar issue as you. After a few trial and error methods, i could successfully connect to the CRM 2011 server from my outlook. Here are the steps:

1. Install CRM 2011 On Premise in windows server 2008 with AD
    2. Update the web address with https binding in deployment manager in the server.
    3. Create a self signed certificate (As we are testing).
    4. Assign this certificate to the website. so now the website should be accessed by https://x.y.z
    5. In the SSL settings, make sure the website requires SSL (So that only https is allowed)
    6. Export the self signed certificate as .pfx file from the server and import in to your local computer (client) certificate store (using mmc import the pfx file to Third Party Root Certification Authory and Trusted People categories).
    7. Access the crm website from internet explorer and provide the credentials(windows authentication)
    8. Open the internet explorer settings and allow the internet explorer to auto save the credentials so that when you login next time it won't ask for the credentials.
    9. Also add the website ipaddress in to the trusted sites.
    10. Check whether the these components (Windows Live Essentails Beta, Windows Live Essentails 2011, Windows Live Sign In Assistant, ) are installed in your system. If so, repair or reinstall them
    11. Now try to connect from the outlook crm by giving the url as https://x.y.z

vinay kasireddy

jeudi 2 juin 2011 14:11
  • Dear Mr.vinay

Thank you. I will check it and update.

Srini
    jeudi 2 juin 2011 14:18
  • My issue has been resolved - and my Outlook CRM Clients can connect to CRM server.

When installing the Network Load Balancing for CRM Server - the installation recognises that NLB is in use, but it does not change the Server URL to the Virtual address. Microsoft did not build in this feature to specify the NLB URL address during installation.

The issue was solved by opening CRM 2011 Deployment Manager,

Right-click on 'Microsoft Dynamics CRM'

Click the 'Web address' tab

Ammend the URL in the text boxes to the virtual NLB address.

Samuel

• Modifié csamuel mercredi 8 juin 2011 08:09 ammend
    mercredi 8 juin 2011 08:05
  • Hi,

My problem is kind of strange. I`ve got 5 users of
    CRM, 4 of them can connect their Outlook with CRM and also can use it via
    browser. And there is one user that can connect to it via browser ( so I
    believe its not the authorization problem ), but after we installed crm client
    and tried to run it, there comes error:

"there is a problem communicating with the
    microsoft dynamics crm server.

the server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact
    your system administrator."

The problem persist for 2 days now so "trying
    again later" definitely doesn`t solve the problem. Everything (domain
    politics, firewalls etc. )is ( or i don`t know about the differences ) exact the same for all users. Reinstalling the
    client ( as i found in other topic during my search, might help ) also doesn`t
    fix it.
    Here is the log, I hope you guys will find the log
    more helpful, cause googl-ing phrases from the log wasn`t very educating or
    problem-solve helping.

12:28:46| Info| === Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
    Configuration Wizard logging started: 2012-02-15 12:28:46 ===
    12:28:46|Verbose| Method entry:
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Initialize
    12:28:46| Info| Client Configuration Wizard Version : 5.0.9690.1992
    12:28:46| Info| Client Configuration Wizard LanguageID : 1033
    12:28:46|Verbose| Method entry:
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.Validator.IsOutlookInitialized
    12:28:46| Info| Query all rows in profile table
    12:28:46| Info| Outlook is initialized
    12:28:46|Verbose| Method exit:
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.Validator.IsOutlookInitialized
    12:28:46| Info| Client Configuration Wizard Running Mode : Normal
    12:28:48| Info| Configuration file Type : OnPremise.
    12:28:48|Verbose| Method entry:
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm.MainForm
    12:28:49|Verbose| Method entry:
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigInfo.ConfigInfo
    12:28:49|Verbose| Method entry:
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetAvailableServiceIds
    12:28:49| Error| Exception : at
    Microsoft.Interop.Mapi.CGlobals.MAPILogonEx(IntPtr uiParam, String profileName,
    String password, IGlobals_MAPILogon_Flags flags)
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookCRMDatastoreInstaller.GetAvailableServiceIds()
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigInfo..ctor()
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.MainForm..ctor()
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.AddDeployment_FullUI(Boolean
    runInsideOutlook)
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Run(Boolean
    runInsideOutlook)
    at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Start(String[] args,
    Boolean runInsideOutlook)
    12:28:52|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Terminate
    12:28:52| Info| Exit code: Failure
    12:28:52|Verbose| Method exit:
    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ClientConfig.Terminate
    12:28:52| Info| === Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard
    logging stopped: 2012-02-15 12:28:52 ===

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Greetings

• Modifié Mortbuer mercredi 15 février 2012 13:10
    mercredi 15 février 2012 13:09
  • I just added "Admin" Security Role to a desktop with the exact issue, this resolved the issue.

If someone has the time to confirm the exact module Read/Write that controls this, please post;-)

Cheers.

David Stevenson
    PowerAssist Techologies Inc.

jeudi 23 février 2012 18:15
  • This resolved my issue.   Was bound to HTTPS without an IIS binding to same.

Thanks,

C

CRF

jeudi 1 mars 2012 18:47
  • Vinay's solution worked for me (non-domain computers connect to company's CRM 2011).

lundi 11 juin 2012 08:54
  • Hi Mortbuer,

if its still of interest, i had the same issue. The following did solve it. Look in the file c:\system32\mapisvc.inf.....

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/uk/crm/thread/cb799e32-3284-4155-8122-658db8d6d820

Cheers

Wolfgang

mardi 10 juillet 2012 15:31