none
CRM 2011 PORTAL CUSTOMER ON PREMISE - SHARE LOCAL FILES ON SERVER

Question

• Hello,

I have the latest release of the customer portal an partner portal running with AD authentification on premise.

Actually i'll give access to quote and bill for my customer by a simple link to my Sharepoint server.

I would like to give access to this file more easily, directly on the customer portal.

1/ How can i do this and what is the best/simple way to achieve this ?

- Put files and folder on local HDD on the server where customer portal is running ? and display folder and file in a page in customer portal ?

Does the ACL with AD rights is going to work via the customer portal ? May it work and how to achieve that ?

- An iFrame to the sharepoint library ? (like the sharepoint CRM accelerator) Is it possible, how to do that ??

- Another way ? (i really need this fonctionnality and everything is perfect !)

2/ I haven't the contact page one the partner portal. Can i import the page from the customer portal to fix this ?

Thank you in advance for your time and your answer !

Yoann

PS: Who know a free AD self portal (change password) for Windows Server 2008 R2 or for SharePoint 2010 ?

vendredi 24 février 2012 12:59

Toutes les réponses

• One way is to simply render your SharePoint url in the portal directly, as long as your SharePoint is visible externally and you have the correct license for this.  Another way is to write a small proxy to add to the portal that will query the document library in SharePoint for the invoice and then proxy the GET request for the SharePoint document through the portal.    The commercial version of the portals from Adxstudio has this capability.

You can build your own security in your portal and present the bill and quote information as html fairly easily.

The free version of the portals do not have content security, but the commercial version from Adxstudio does have content security that can be used to upload secure content files and have secure content pages.

I am not certain about your question on the contact page, but yes you can copy/paste the asp.net code between the partner portal and the customer portal - they are both using the same conventions and using the same SDK.  Most of the partner portal is a copy/paste of the customer portal.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

jeudi 15 mars 2012 08:35
    Modérateur