jeudi 8 mars 2012 00:22When I try to install Cliplets the installer either stalls at about 3/4 way thru or never starts. Does anyone else have this problem? I am running Win 7 64bit and trying to install the 64bit version. I don't get an error message, just says that installer has stopped responding.
Toutes les réponses
jeudi 8 mars 2012 21:44Modérateur
We haven't heard of this problem before. If you feel like helping us investigate, here's what you can do:
- Save the installer on your desktop: Go to the Cliplets 64-bit download page and click on the Download button, then choose "Save as" (instead of "Run" or "Save") and save the downloaded file to your desktop.
- Start a command prompt: Click on the "Start" button, then type "cmd" and press Enter.
- Tell the command prompt to go to your desktop: Type "cd %userprofile%\desktop" and press Enter.
- Make sure the installer is there: Type "dir" and press Enter. You should see "Cliplets-for-64-bit-Windows.msi" among the files that are listed.
- Run the installer, creating a verbose log file: Type "msiexec /i Cliplets-for-64-bit-Windows.msi /L*v Cliplets-install-log.txt" and press Enter.
- Follow the installer's instructions. If the installer stops responding, close its window.
- Once the installer is done (or you've killed it), send mail to email@example.com and attach the "Cliplets-install-log.txt" from your desktop.
- You can now close the command prompt window and delete the installer and installation log file from your desktop.
Thanks for helping out! I hope this will point usin the right direction.
Eric Stollnitz, Interactive Visual Media Group, Microsoft Research