none
Irritating behaviour when changeing a file name

Question

• Hi there,

I have been experiencing a same problem when changeing file names for as long as I have been using windows 7.

One would slow double click a file to highlight the whole name of it. Then the cursor is placed where change is to be made or that section is highlighted to be replaced. This is when the problem occurs very often. The whole file name would highlight itself due to some reason, hence preventing a change to a specifi part of the name to be made or worse still, the whole file name would be replaced if I start typing the changes before realising the whole file name is highlighted again. There is no real consequence of this strange behaviour since I can always redo the rename. However, it is both annoying and time wasting to have to deal with this problem almost every time I try to change a file name.

Could someone please explain why this feature exits and how to remove it if possible at all?

Thanks a million!

dimanche 5 décembre 2010 23:56

Toutes les réponses

• Sorry, this is probably the wrong place to post such a question. But I have gone through the list of forum names and yet to find an appropriate one. Could someone point me in the right direction to where one can post questions relating to windows 7 features and problems?

Thanks again.

lundi 6 décembre 2010 00:00