none
gpedit.msc - Missing in Windows Vista Home Basic

תשובות

•  mkhatri wrote:

I tried -> Start -  Search Box  typed  gpedit.msc  - Enter - ( No files found)

Any other way to open the gpedit.msc

Rgds,

Mahesh

No, because Vista Home Basic and Home Premium do not have (among other things) the Group Policy Editor (just as was the case with XP Home.)
    In any event, gpedit is simply a GUI into various registry settings.  Anything in particular that you're needing to do?

יום שלישי 02 ספטמבר 2008 13:23

כל התגובות

• Hi,

There are some settings restrictions in Home Basic and you cannot fine tune anything you'd want. Go to Control Panel and see Administrative Tools.

• הוצע כתשובה על-ידי avi1234567 יום שלישי 23 נובמבר 2010 14:07
    יום שני 01 ספטמבר 2008 06:27
  •  mkhatri wrote:

Rgds,

Mahesh

No, because Vista Home Basic and Home Premium do not have (among other things) the Group Policy Editor (just as was the case with XP Home.)
    In any event, gpedit is simply a GUI into various registry settings.  Anything in particular that you're needing to do?

יום שלישי 02 ספטמבר 2008 13:23
  •  

This is not a finetune this is a big security hole in vista basic premium and home....

any user can access to your computer via guest, anonymous long on...etc....

I think that MSFT should release a patch to solve this vulnirability and not pretend that this is a fine tune...(it's a security black hole)....

Thanks.

יום שני 03 נובמבר 2008 08:43
  • Chris Cupler said:

mkhatri wrote:

Rgds,

Mahesh

its funny but if its true, why is there gpedit.dll inside vista home's and vista premium's system32 folder?

יום ראשון 25 ינואר 2009 21:16
  • Cesabarre said:

Chris Cupler said:

mkhatri wrote:

Rgds,

Mahesh

its funny but if its true, why is there gpedit.dll inside vista home's and vista premium's system32 folder?

You noticed that too? I was mostly interested in only viewing the policies, but there were some I wanted explore in depth. I spent hours searching and findly I found that policies were available in my Home premium. One of the things which kept me search was that I found gpedit.dll. Since that was on the machine, I figure that the policies had to be approached from some other direction. So I too would like to know why gpedit.dll is in the home versions?
    Richard
    יום שני 26 ינואר 2009 18:03
  • what about tryin \security templates + security configuration and analysis\ snap-ins. they are fully functional in home premium ....
    יום שלישי 27 ינואר 2009 23:33
  • hullo
    im using Vista Home Basic in Compaq Lappie. i need to hide one of my partition using gpedit.msc. its not there in System 32 folder. i tried to install GPMC SP1 after downloading. but its showing compatibility issues and fails. if i use the other way -using disk management and delete the drive letter. how can i regain access to the drive again? hope you could advice. Thanks in advance.
    יום רביעי 04 פברואר 2009 07:29