none
What motherboard for WHS 2011

Kérdés

• Hey,

I have recently bought whs 2011 and im sitting here trying to find a motherboard matching my Core i5 2405s who become unemployed some time ago. <I dont want to use AMD no more.

What motherboard will fit the core i5 2405s, micro-atx cabinet, and WHS 2011.

My concerns go to the Windows Server 2008 drivers that WHS 2011 is using.

;o) im most into ASUS.

Best

Christian

2012. április 18. 19:45

Az összes válasz

• What motherboard will fit the core i5 2405s, micro-atx cabinet, and WHS 2011.

Check Newegg for motherboards; you'll find several. Drivers for Windows 7 will generally work if drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2 aren't available, and I'm sure Asus has at least one board that will support your processor.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

2012. április 18. 23:55
    Moderátor
  • hi,

will this board work with whs2011 if i use the win 7 drivers.'

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO

2012. április 19. 20:07
  • Christian

Probably, but no guarantees. I use an Asus P8P67-M Pro to great success.

Phil

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

2012. április 19. 20:29
  • Hi Phil,

what video card do you use.

After installation do you disable the video card or what?

2012. április 21. 8:01
  • Just one I had lying around (Asus EAH5450 silent) for set up purposes and then removed it when I could get to the Dashboard/Remote Desktop, to save power.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

2012. április 21. 13:27
  • Hi Phil

My new server is up running, but im having problems with drivers.

1. the LAN drivers is installed manually from the cd, but it cant connect to my router or other network. i have tryed everything.

2. where do you find chipset drivers from the intel site, i can´t find any on intel.

3. in device manager i find a unknown device, do you know what that is.

best

Chris

2012. április 25. 19:31
  • Which motherboard did you get? If it's one with an Intel Network chip there have been problems reported on this Forum; Intel does not allow the drivers to be installed on a server OS.  Do a search here and you should find a work around. The P8P67-M I use has a Realtek network chip.

Does the unknown Device show as a"PCI Simple Communications Controller"? If so, it's probably the Intel Management Engine and can be ignored.

2012. április 25. 19:58