2012. május 4. 4:03
My VHS 1 remote access connection periodically acted strange before but NOTHING like this!
Tonight I was doing the same things I'd done many times before to restore the remote access connection. Among those was deleting the old domain name and reclaiming it.
This time I deleted the remote access connection and started through the familiar ritual to reclaim my domain name.
I put in my Windows Live ID username and password. But instead of connecting with Microsoft's server I keep getting this error message:
The following error occurred during Domain Name setup:
System cannot find the path specified 80070003
Can anyone point me toward other threads where this problem has already been discussed?
Is there a Microsoft support number I can call where they won't put me on hold and then disconnect me?
I would greatly appreciate all consideration and suggestions.
Az összes válasz
2012. május 4. 9:05Same here. Problem showed up around 10:00pm Eastern.
2012. május 4. 9:39
I am getting a similar alert on WHS v1 here in Korea. It started within the
last 6 hours.
"Windows Home Server cannot connect to Windows Live (TM) Custom Domains
servers" and that my WHS cannot connect to Windows Live (TM). However, I can still
connect to my WHS web page from outside my network, so I suspect the problem
is with the Windows Live (TM) Custom Domain servers. I have a dynamic ip
address, but it hasn't changed in over two years.
In God We Trust
<mll06> wrote in message news:firstname.lastname@example.org...
: Same here. Problem showed up around 10:00pm Eastern.
2012. május 4. 10:41ModerátorThis error indicates a problem in the Live Domains end of the process. There's nothing you can do other than wait, I'm afraid. Outages like this usually resolve within a few hours to a few days.
I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
2012. május 4. 11:17Same problem here too.
2012. május 4. 11:58
I was getting error messages about domain configuration last night. I too released my domain in an effort to fix the problem. Big mistake. Domain Name setup now fails with a 80072ee7 error continuosly. My domain name no longer resolves. This is causing major problems.
2012. május 4. 13:36
Thanks for posting a reply on my thread.
Now I'm SICK that I released my domain name last night.
Is there a way I can hook up remote access using what's built into Windows 2003?
I can connect my WHS 1 to a router port& give it an unused fixed IP address.
Heck. I've even got unused IP's and host names on one of my GoDaddy domain accounts.
Is there enough of Windows 2003's internals installed along with WHS 1 to put it back on the internet the old fashioned way?
2012. május 4. 14:12
Its back up and working. Give it a try again.
In God We Trust
<Bob Blomeyer> wrote in message news:email@example.com...
: Thanks for posting a reply on my thread.
: Now I'm SICK that I released my domain name last night.
: Is there a way I can hook up remote access using what's built into Windows 2003?
: I can connect my WHS 1 to a router port& give it an unused fixed IP address.
: Heck. I've even got unused IP's and host names on one of my GoDaddy domain accounts.
: Is there enough of Windows 2003's internals installed along with WHS 1 to put it back on the internet the old fashioned way?
: Bob Blomeyer
- Válasznak javasolta: Sirius B 2012. május 4. 15:13
2012. május 4. 15:12Thanks Bulldawg. I've been suffering this issue for the past 7 hours. Just logged in again & Domain Name up & running.
2012. május 4. 19:15
This might have helped too.
Microsoft mighta fixed something, but...
I found a trick that could have helped. I think so because as soon as I tweaked these settings the domain name setup routine worked again... instantly.
I spotted recommendations in a WVS 2011 forum about checking to be sure all the required RPC processes were running. It took setting these to automatic:
- Auto Connection Manager,
- Connection Manager,
- Remote Proceedure Call, and
- Remote Proceedure Call Locator.
I don't have a clue why those processes weren't already running under WHS. Gremlins prolly.
We got our domain name back and remote access is operational again.
That's what counts.
Thanks to everyone for their support and good vibes last night.