none
error to synthesize within the ISE (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com)

Pertanyaan

• Hello

I want to build the emips processor.

Actually i follow the tutorial and i arrive to  3.1.4 Synthesize the Top Level Module and i am in the step 5.

When i launch Synthesize - XST i obtain many errors like these

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'mips' with type 'TISA' could not be
       resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file,
       case mismatch between the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the
       misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'TISA' is not supported in target 'virtex4'.

ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'bmi13bm1' with type
       'busmacro_xc4v_r2l_async_narrow' could not be resolved. A pin name
       misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, case mismatch between
       the block name and the edif or ngc file name, or the misspelling of a type
       name. Symbol 'busmacro_xc4v_r2l_async_narrow' is not supported in target
       'virtex4'.

Can you help  me about the source of these errors

Regards

REPLY:

What version of the sources are you using? V1 or V2? It appears you are using v1 since you are targeting a virtex 4. These are the type of errors you get you are missing sources. First double check your project hierarchy for these files.

REPLY:

Sorry i don't understand which version are you talking about ? The version of the macro_bus or what?

REPLY:

The version of the emips download. We released version 2 at the end of December.

REPLY:

No i have the version V1. Have i to move using the version V2.??

REPLY:

If you are targeting a v4 I would stay with version 1 for now. Version 2 is targeted at the v5 xup. It can be retargeted to the ml series v4 boards but I have done it in a while and the may be bugs. Version 2 also additional features like an mmu, ddr memory, Ethernet and icap. Also version 2 uses the new xilinx pr flow in ise 12 and higher.

REPLY:

SInce i have the ISE 12.4 and i have no problem for the board i will move to the V2.

So i just started to folow the tutorial . For the section Implementing non  partial Reconfigurable version , i have two question:

1. For the files that i have to add to the project , i added the config.v decode.v , memory_define.v and mips_platform.v. Are these all the files i have to add to the project? or there is misssing files.

2. For the necessary IP CORES i have to add all the component listed in appendix C??

Thanks in advance

REPLY:

Config.v, etc should be added to the project directory and should be available under source\hdl\definitions. Emips_platform is the to file and should be located under source\hdl\top\platform. Yes you will need to generate the up cores in the appendix. There more files to add but I did think it necessary to list them there. Start from platform and fill in the hierarchy.

REPLY:

Hello

I changed to use the emipsV2 and i  have added almost all the files but i can't find the file iftocp0.v.

how can i add this file?

22 Juni 2011 18:18