none
Feedback to Microsoft on Genuine Advantage

Diskusi Umum

• Windows on our laptop (purchased new direct from HP in May 2010) has been reporting for the past couple months that Windows is not Genuine.  Now since I bought it from HP and they still seem to be in Microsoft's good graces, I believe I purchased a genuine copy of Windows with the laptop.  The laptop now has more spontaneous crashes (BSOD) and reboots, sometimes locks up when it goes to sleep , and of course cannot install Windows Updates. 

I think it's quite arrogant and misleading of Microsoft to disable portions of a product that I validly bought from their reseller (HP) when some portion of it has become corrupted due to systemic security and maintenance problems in the software that MS knows will crop up, especially when some of those features are important to restoring the proper functioning of the  software.  Then the first thing MS tries to do is sell me another copy of the Windows I already own, MS doesn't provide me a direct way to enter my existing license key on the sticker from the laptop, and doesn't even tell me about ways such as this forum to try to solve the problem.  Further, MS' sales and distribution model for Windows doesn't provide sufficient protection for the Windows files nor built-in capabilities to correct the problems you know are reasonably likely to occur.  At least this forum exists, where I have separately posted by problem's details.  But Microsoft has to do better by their real customers, us the public that actually purchases Windows pre-installed on a PC.

In summary, the whole Microsoft approach to this SUCKS for us average customers, and it screws the real customers (us) that Microsoft should care about.

17 Februari 2012 1:30

Semua Balasan

• In order for us to analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the   Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool.

After running the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button, then Paste the report into your post.  Also, please include a brief question or pertinent background information that would be helpful in our endeavor to
    assist you.

Thank you!

Carey Frisch

17 Februari 2012 2:15
  • "Grinnell" wrote in message news:a897d15d-77a4-408e-ba9a-0ece705aaca6...

Windows on our laptop (purchased new direct from HP in May 2010) has been reporting for the past couple months that Windows is not Genuine.  Now since I bought it from HP and they still seem to be in Microsoft's good graces, I believe I purchased a genuine copy of Windows with the laptop.  The laptop now has more spontaneous crashes (BSOD) and reboots, sometimes locks up when it goes to sleep , and of course cannot install Windows Updates. 

I think it's quite arrogant and misleading of Microsoft to disable portions of a product that I validly bought from their reseller (HP) when some portion of it has become corrupted due to systemic security and maintenance problems in the software that MS knows will crop up, especially when some of those features are important to restoring the proper functioning of the  software.  Then the first thing MS tries to do is sell me another copy of the Windows I already own, MS doesn't provide me a direct way to enter my existing license key on the sticker from the laptop, and doesn't even tell me about ways such as this forum to try to solve the problem.  Further, MS' sales and distribution model for Windows doesn't provide sufficient protection for the Windows files nor built-in capabilities to correct the problems you know are reasonably likely to occur.  At least this forum exists, where I have separately posted by problem's details.  But Microsoft has to do better by their real customers, us the public that actually purchases Windows pre-installed on a PC.

In summary, the whole Microsoft approach to this SUCKS for us average customers, and it screws the real customers (us) that Microsoft should care about.

I see you’ve already posted an MGADiag report to the Win7 forum
    The problem in your case appears  not to be with Windows, but with a set of bad drivers from Intel or HP – please try the remedy I offered in the other place.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    17 Februari 2012 9:53
  • Noel, that is correct, and thank you.

My problem here is with Microsoft's approach to handling these problems, as I explained above.  From the description of this forum, it seemed to be a place to give feedback to Microsoft.  Microsoft, are you (corporately) listening??

20 Februari 2012 6:58
  • "Grinnell" wrote in message news:73927af4-63cc-408c-9f7d-2b9caff42b04...

Noel, that is correct, and thank you.

My problem here is with Microsoft's approach to handling these problems, as I explained above.  From the description of this forum, it seemed to be a place to give feedback to Microsoft.  Microsoft, are you (corporately) listening??

I can’t remember the last time an MS Staffer visited this forum – I complained to the hierarchy about the lack of representation a week or so ago.
    The only regular attendees here that I know of are Carey and myself – and we’re both unpaid volunteers.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    20 Februari 2012 10:53