none
Having trouble setting up mic input to Songsmith

Pertanyaan

• Windows 7 Home Premium, Asus P8P67-M motherboard with an Intel i5 Quad-core on board.

Pro Audio setup using RME Hammerfall HDSP9652 PCI audio interface. I have 8 channels of I/O using a pair of ADATs as my converters.

This interface works just great with my DAW (Sonar X1) in ASIO mode, and I have no trouble getting playback in Windows, however I an unable to set up a mic input.

For normal Windows operation I have playback set up as HDSP9652 'Speakers', which outputs to the DAC on channels 1 and 2. This is working fine.

The problem is, no matter what input channel I select the mic signal does not get to the PC, even though the mic-pre and A-to-D converter show good levels.

Any suggestions as to how to set up a mic input so I can try this program?

17 Desember 2011 7:02

Semua Balasan

• Sometimes it can be remarkably complicated to get a pro audio setup to behave like a plain-old-sound-card setup.  Songsmith doesn't have ASIO support, and the level of support for non-ASIO input varies a lot from device to device (some pro audio devices don't support this at all).  My best suggestion is to use the built-in mic input on your motherboard, assuming there is one, to play with Songsmith.  This is what I do at home as well: I have an Alesis Firewire device that I use for DAW stuff (via ASIO), and for things like Songsmith (or Skype, or whatever other non-ASIO, basic-audio apps I'm using), I just use the built-in mic input.  Everyone gets along that way.

Short of that, I'd check with RME support...

Hope that helps; good luck!

-Dan from the Songsmith Team

19 Desember 2011 18:38
    Pemilik