none
unmountable_boot_volume stop 0x000000ed (0x8AA71900, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Pertanyaan

• A few months ago my computer crashed and I have been using an Ubuntu Live USB drive to do my work until now because all my diagnostics and reinstallation CD’s have been in the States and I am in Zambia as a Peace Corps Volunteer.  I finally got the CD’s and have (today at least) good enough internet to work on fixing the problem.  Here it is:

I think I was copying mp3’s onto my ipod shuffle and I had gone to do something somewhere else.  When I returned, I had a blue screen of death on my monitor that (the relevant parts) read:

unmountable_boot_volume

stop 0x000000ed (0x8AA71900, 0xC0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Restarting in normal or safe mode produces the same message

I at first thought that the drive had just failed, but then I started the laptop using a Linux OS (first Fedora, then finally Ubuntu 9.04).  I was able to load the drive and view and open the files like it was just a normal external hard drive. 

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m with all the manufacturer’s hardware save for two, 1gb memory drives instead of the two, 256mb memory drives that came with it back in August of 2003.  The memory cards have not been a problem and I did some diagnostics and every thing passed, including the memory.  I have a fair amount of computer experience, although it is mainly in high level programming and web design.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

31 Mei 2009 15:35

Semua Balasan

• Aaron,
      Oddly enough a friend brought me the same model dell laptop yesterday with the same error!?! I was able to fix the problem by booting the machine with the recovery CD, selecting the repair utility in windows setup and running chkdsk /r. This took about an hour to complete but then the system came back up just fine. Hope this helps you as well.
    02 Juni 2009 0:52