none
WHS2011 - Can't access shared folders

Pertanyaan

• I know this is a popular topic, I've searched through a lot of these articles and haven't found an answer.

Sometimes I have access, then after a reboot, I don't have access.  Most of the time I don't have access with the message "Windows cannot access <folder>.  You do not have permission to access <folder>.  Contact your network administrator to request access."

The common recommended solution is to make sure that my login name on the client machine (win7 btw) is the same as the login name registered on WHS2011.  It is.  The password is the same as well.  There doesn't seem to be any reason why the folders are inaccessible.  Any ideas?

27 Maret 2012 2:26

Jawaban

• Is your Server joined to a HomeGroup - if so remove it?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh fractalbase23 27 Maret 2012 13:25
    27 Maret 2012 10:57

Semua Balasan

• Is your Server joined to a HomeGroup - if so remove it?

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh fractalbase23 27 Maret 2012 13:25
    27 Maret 2012 10:57
  • I'm able to access via shared folders now.  I've marked your response as the answer, if access changes though...   Is there a known conflict with WHS2011 and HomeGroup?
    27 Maret 2012 13:26
  • HomeGroup permissions override WHS individual folder permissions.

27 Maret 2012 21:01
  • This seemed to solve my issue (for now?). Thanks!
    19 Juli 2013 9:22