none
Purchase an Windows from Ebay

Domanda

• I need help,if I buy a Windows from Ebay in an original box with COA and all the things from the box,but if I do not recive the bill or the proof from the seller that bought it first is there a problem.I'm asking this because I read in EULA that I need a proof if I'm checked that I bought the Windows.Thanks
    sabato 2 ottobre 2010 18:21

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• Words of warning:  DO NO PURCHASE MICROSOFT SOFTWARE FROM EBAY OR ANY OTHER AUCTION WEB SITE!  The vast majority is pirated/counterfeit!  Only purchase Microsoft software from a reliable, trusted, proven source, such as the  Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    sabato 2 ottobre 2010 21:21
    Moderatore
  • How do I purchase a 'genuine' version of Windows XP?

I cannot find a copy from a 'reliable, trusted, proven source.

A friend has a laptop that unfortunately was supplied with VISTA (perhaps the most bloated operating system ever thrust on the public).

It has become very frustrating and extremely slow to use, so we would like to replace the OS.

Due to the age of the laptop and a limited budget, we'd like to put XP on it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Gilligan

sabato 23 aprile 2011 05:02
  • Sorry, but sales of Windows XP have been discontinued.  Purchase Windows 7 instead which is available from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    sabato 23 aprile 2011 05:26
    Moderatore
  • Does Microsoft actually claim some right to prevent old unopened GENUINE copies of Win XP Pro SP2 RETAIL from being sold?  Aren't even OPEN RETAIL packages of XP transferable as long as all copies and materials are transferred with it?

Is it true that most of the copies of Windows being sold on eBay are not technically counterfeit but genuine OEM product sold in violation of a contract with Microsoft?

As recently as 2010, Tiger Direct (and competitors) were selling OEM XP Pro SP3 for people who bought bare bones or system builder kits.  I highly doubt that Tiger Direct was selling counterfeit product, or were they?  Was TigerDirect in violation of an OEM license by selling Windows XP that was not already locked onto a particular hardware configuration?  If somebody bought a pile of those packages and never registered them to any computers they could legally be sold and the purchaser could register them on their own hardware, right?

What's the ratio of actual counterfeit product

versus

genuine OEM (bulk reproduced) product sold in violation of the OEM contract?

Is that really the fault of eBay or the eBay community?

I would think that eBay would be a really DUMB place for some pirates to sell counterfeits because of eBay's ability to withhold or reverse payments even after they are in the seller's bank.

Ebay is such a centralized place for Microsoft to hunt counterfeiters, with seller banking and tracking information available on subpoena like that?

Craigslist and similar would be much harder places to hunt down counterfeiters wouldn't they?

I get it that Microsoft has a big problem with hunting down counterfeiters but let's be truthful about the volume of genuine OEM product sold in violation of OEM Contract, OK?

Sometimes people actually DO need to buy the exact original restore/install CD for some old OEM computer.

Instead of conveniently claiming that ALL old product is counterfeit, couldn't you come up with some way to confirm legitimacy of NEW OLD STOCK that is out there?

Doesn't Windows 7 kinda SUCK on most 5 year old hardware anyway?

domenica 11 novembre 2012 10:12
  • Auction websites are the wrong venue for trying to purchase genuine Microsoft software.  Your old computer should be recycled and then you can install a modern and more secure Windows operating system like Windows 8.

Carey Frisch

domenica 11 novembre 2012 17:47
    Moderatore
  • Oh yer

& what about the £100 s of investment in software that windows 8 won,t run ?

lunedì 18 febbraio 2013 15:52
  • There is very little software that runs on Windows Vista or Win7 that won't run on Windows 8

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

martedì 19 febbraio 2013 14:21
    Moderatore