none
CRM 2011 Report Error "Web Service Request SetDataSourceCredenials to Report Server Failed

Domanda

• Problem: My all report (Default & Custom) are working well with CRM admin Account but did not run the report from any other account even have the max right in AD/CRM/ReportingServer but still have the following error on client:
    Reporting Errr: Thre Report cannot be displayed(rsProcessingAbort)

I  have test nearly all blog on net but did not found any solution for me.

Configuration Details are below

CRM 2011 and SQL server 2008 R2 on different server and SQL Reportingin Services installed with SQL Server

On Reporting Server we have already install the CRM Conntector and restart the server even after reinstalled.

Reporting services run with service account that is memeber of SQLAccessGroup, PrivUsergroup, PrivReportinggroup ( i have tested with max right). ServiceAccount have rights in SQL server on MSCRM Organization DB & Configuration DB as Owner and CRMReaderRole and on ReportServer also have Owner (Also we have try to give maximum right in Database to diagonse the issue but no progress).

Datasource Configuratio in both Custom Report share report are same with Type Microsoft Dynamics CRM SQL with connection string "MSCRM Data Connector Connection String" and Credentials Supplied by the user and Unchecked windows credentials.

I have also try to set the SPN on MSCRM Server from following command but i could to login to CRM server with this.

setspn -a http/crmservename Domain\username

setspn -a http/crmservename(FullName) Domain\username

Can anyone guide me how can i resolve this issue or track it.

martedì 27 marzo 2012 13:27

Tutte le risposte

• Is the setspn -L command showing you have Kerboros resolution to the application server from a client with that user name as the ACL account for the Report?

Curtis J Spanburgh

giovedì 5 aprile 2012 03:09
    Moderatore
  • I guess you are running Report Service with domain user account that you configured after the installation.

You must implement few changes to the reportservice.config

Under the headline:

To configure a report server to use Windows integrated security
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281253.aspx

Path to the file you need:
    ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSQLServer\MSRS____\ReportingServices\ReportServer\RSReportServer.Config

giovedì 5 aprile 2012 17:57
  • I have work arround for the above issue with create a custom data source on Report server and give the complete connection string with MS SQL rather than user MS SQL CRM connector with following connection string.

Workstation ID=SQLServerMachineName.mmc;Data Source=SQLserverName;Initial Catalog=DatabaseName;Integrated Security=SSPI

It is woring fine for all report but i have to change data source maually from report server for all & new reports with my custom data source. If i change the datasouce of MSCRM_Datasource i will automatically change back up MS SQL CRM Connector with blank String after few hours.

Becasue when i add the SPN in CRM server it could not login in crm (if IE secruity setting set on Prompt for User name and Password ) otherwise login but same reports have the same issue that data source is missing. 

Also i face the same for login in reportserver when i add the following additional types in RSReportServer.Config file and AdminCRM also could not run the reports.

<AuthenticationTypes>
          <RSWindowsNegotiate />
                 <RSWindowsKerberos />
                 <RSWindowsNTLM />
          </AuthenticationTypes> 

Kosta Makarov can guide me is any thing i am missing to update RSReportServer.Config file

lunedì 16 aprile 2012 14:06
  • It sounds like your working around broken security and network issues.

Curtis J Spanburgh

lunedì 16 aprile 2012 17:42
    Moderatore