none
Problem report: NoReplyAllAddin 2.4.0 ExplorerButton_GetEnabled Exception

Domanda

• I have a fresh installation of Office 2010/SP1 32-bit on a Windows 7/SP1 64-bit machine that throws six exception errors in a row when starting Outlook after installing the NoReplyAllAddin v2.4.0.  The add-in seems to function properly after getting past the exception dialog boxes.  Removing the add-in resolved the errors.  Reinstalling the add-in brought back the errors.

The exception message is: The Explorer has been closed and cannot be used for further operations. Review your code and restart Outlook.

mercoledì 11 gennaio 2012 22:45

Risposte

Tutte le risposte

• That's definitely a bug in the add-in, though I haven't been able to reproduce it here (yet). The bit of code that's causing the problem deals with showing the buttons on the Outlook main window's ribbon as enabled or disabled: the intention is that they're enabled only if a single email message is selected, and as long as the window's not looking at the outbox, but something's going wrong with my check in your system.

Do you have anything "unusual" as your Outlook startup view? I have what I think is the default for Outlook 2010, the main window with three panes, folder list on the left, message list in the middle, and message on the right, and the message list is initially my inbox - do you have anything else?

Do you have any other add-ins? I have a heap of Microsoft add-ins (Lync stuff, Hotmail/social connectors, SharePoint stuff, send to OneNote) and that's about it. Perhaps you have something else and there's a conflict of some sort between the add-ins.

I'll keep digging, and apologies for the errors.

giovedì 12 gennaio 2012 06:51
  • It's anout-of-the-box installation--no customizations or other add-ins.  However, I just now discovered that the exception is only thrown if I choose to display Outlook Today upon startup.  Therer is no error if Outlook is configured to display the Inbox at startup.  Hope that helps.
    giovedì 12 gennaio 2012 14:50
  • Yes, that helps tremendously, thanks. I didn't think anyone used the Today page, but that still doesn't allow me not to handle that case :-) Now that I can reproduce the error, I can tackle it more comprehensively. New release coming soon(ish)...
    giovedì 12 gennaio 2012 16:55
  • A new version is available now which gets rid of those problems (at least on the machines I've had access to - please do tell me if it's fixed on yours).

If you're interested in what the problem was - and the details of the fix - I've posted a blog entry that explains all.

mercoledì 18 gennaio 2012 07:03
  • Yep, problem fixed.  Thanks!
    mercoledì 18 gennaio 2012 21:50