Lost Medialess License Kit Office 2007 SBE Edition

Domanda

• Hi there, please help! I purchased the Medialess License Kit Office 2007 SBE Edition today, I still have my invoice but I lost the key!!  can anyone tell me how to get back the key please?  I tried contact Microsoft but they said they cannot help! WTF!
    lunedì 2 agosto 2010 13:16

Risposte

• "Peter HK" wrote in message news:a32f9433-3169-4e32-8a4c-31727d9e0350...
    Hi there, please help! I purchased the Medialess License Kit Office 2007 SBE Edition today, I still have my invoice but I lost the key!!  can anyone tell me how to get back the key please?  I tried contact Microsoft but they said they cannot help! WTF!

From where did you buy the key?
    If you bought it from MS, then you should have an email with it in - and you should also be able to access it from your MS Store account.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    lunedì 2 agosto 2010 13:55

Tutte le risposte

• "Peter HK" wrote in message news:a32f9433-3169-4e32-8a4c-31727d9e0350...
    Hi there, please help! I purchased the Medialess License Kit Office 2007 SBE Edition today, I still have my invoice but I lost the key!!  can anyone tell me how to get back the key please?  I tried contact Microsoft but they said they cannot help! WTF!

From where did you buy the key?
    If you bought it from MS, then you should have an email with it in - and you should also be able to access it from your MS Store account.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    lunedì 2 agosto 2010 13:55
  • Hello Peter HK,

As far as I know, the Medialess Licensing Kits (MLK)  for Office 2007 were only ever issued in physical form, and there never has been an electronic and/or downloadable version of the MLK (the package with just the product key inside) itself.

So I have to assume that by " I still have my invoice but I lost the key!! " you mean that you lost possession of the credit-card sized paper included inside the MLK packaging that has both the Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) and the Product Key printed on it.  (The older back-and white edition of the MLK packaging had the CoA and PK affixed right to the package making it almost impossible to lose the CoA and PK while still keeping the package.

Please see the information in this MS KB:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    lunedì 2 agosto 2010 18:30
  • Hi All

This REALLY SUX!

Product was purchased through Distribution (Ingram Micro) and it is what Dan @ IT Assoc stated; that little Credit-Card sized Paper with the CD Key.

Called Ingram, they said, call Microsoft. Called Microsoft, they said, Call Ingram.

How the heck is Ingram going to have a copy of the Key when it is MICROSOFT that actually generated and printed that key in the first place!?!

That link that Dan has pointed me to call up Microsoft and after an hour of frustrated... "I'm sorry for the inconvenience sir" meaning.. get out of my face, I can't help you!!

This is so much BS.

martedì 18 gennaio 2011 21:20
  • Hello ZaphyrTechnologies,

This is another KB concerning lost Office product keys, but I think it pretty much boils down to the same thing, call Product Support Services:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823570

mercoledì 19 gennaio 2011 03:47