lunedì 17 ottobre 2011 08:24
Can I ask how to calculate/search citations of publications in Microsoft Academic Search? At this moment, I have 5 publications, and totally only 1 citation. but from Google Scholar and Scopus, I have more than 20 citations, I know, different system uses different algorithm, but not so much difference!!!???
Or I can do something myself in my profile?
Please have a check
Tutte le risposte
mercoledì 19 ottobre 2011 11:53
I guess (I don't make sure), whether current algorithm/policy to search citations only in same Domain?
domenica 23 ottobre 2011 05:35Proprietario
thank you for your feedback. MAS extract reference information from full paper text, providing we have good coverage of papers. so there are 2 factors affecting our citation coverage:
a) the coverage of paper titles, authors
b) the availability of full text paper
of course, our algorihtm might have bugs/limitation in extraction, and matching of papers and authors.
if you share with us your homepage URL, we can take a look at it to see if we can fix errors on our side.
lunedì 24 ottobre 2011 08:23
Thanks for your reply,
My publications (totally 5 publications) include
1. Present limitations and future prospects of stable isotope methods for nitrate source identification in surface- and groundwater
in google scholar (16 citations) http://scholar.google.be/scholar?start=0&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5&sciodt=0,5&cites=1959680275870768703
in Scopus (16 citations, not exact same as google scholar) http://www.scopus.com/results/citedbyresults.url?sort=plf-f&cite=2-s2.0-61549112801&src=s&imp=t&sid=Henv-KWJJHqZulqPwXVkR8k%3a120&sot=cite&sdt=a&sl=0&origin=inward&txGid=Henv-KWJJHqZulqPwXVkR8k%3a11
in MAS, 0 citation
2. Comparison of the silver nitrate and bacterial denitrification methods for the determination of nitrogen and oxygen isotope ratios of nitrate in surface water
in google scholar (3 citations) http://scholar.google.be/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=13509394031477725775&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Hh2lTpqgLI-h-Qahy-CnBQ&sa=X&oi=science_links&ct=sl-citedby&resnum=8&ved=0CE0QzgIwBw
in scholarsportal (1 citation, different from google schalar) http://journals2.scholarsportal.info/details.xqy?uri=/09514198/v24i0006/833_cotsnaronisw.xml
in Scopus (4 citations, I can see the number, no details for this) http://www.scopus.com/results/citedbyresults.url?sort=plf-f&cite=2-s2.0-61549112801&src=s&imp=t&sid=Henv-KWJJHqZulqPwXVkR8k%3a120&sot=cite&sdt=a&sl=0&origin=inward&txGid=Henv-KWJJHqZulqPwXVkR8k%3a11
in MAS, 1 citation
3. Error assessment of nitrogen and oxygen isotope ratios of nitrate as determined via the bacterial denitrification method
in google scholar (1 citation) http://scholar.google.be/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=3997470988552394049&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=QB6lTs3eNM2gOqTpkZgC&sa=X&oi=science_links&ct=sl-citedby&resnum=8&ved=0CE8QzgIwBzgK
in MAS, 0 citation
4. Boron isotope ratio (δ<sup>11</sup>B) measurements in Water Framework Directive monitoring programs: comparison between double focusing sector field ICP and thermal ionization mass spectrometry
in google scholar (2 citations) http://scholar.google.be/scholar?hl=en&lr=&cites=2488309696189913977&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=jh6lTraaKIqZOoz0jbwN&sa=X&oi=science_links&ct=sl-citedby&resnum=10&ved=0CFAQzgIwCTgU
in RSC website (publishing website, 3 ciatations) http://pubs.rsc.org/en/Content/ArticleLanding/2010/JA/c001840f
in MAS, 0 citation
5. Isotopes for improved management of nitrate pollution in aqueous resources: review of surface water field studies
giovedì 9 febbraio 2012 15:56Although not the same as Google Scholar, it has a little bit change in past 2-3 month, I believe the search result will be correct soon...
- Contrassegnato come risposta Isotope81 giovedì 9 febbraio 2012 15:56