martedì 7 agosto 2007 13:50
I had this problem with the previous version of OneCare as well... Every morning, or after any longer period of no use, I come back to my desktop and have the "Red 1" icon, and the message is that "OneCare virus and spyware monitoring is turned off." The button to turn them back on does not work. This is a fresh installation of everything on my machine (including Vista) and it happens on multiple machines (my Vista Media Center PC also). Seems pointless to have an anti-virus and spyware program that won't even stay running... It's too bad because I do like the functionality and the interface.
Restarting always re-enables OneCare.
Any ideas anyone???
Tutte le risposte
martedì 7 agosto 2007 15:09Moderatore
Is the OS set to go into stand-by after some period of time? If so, try disabling that or reducing the time even further (5 minutes) to confirm that's the issue. If it is, it should be posted as a bug, since that doesn't sound like a reasonable side effect to me.
martedì 7 agosto 2007 19:13Moderatore
I would absolutely file a bug for each PC that this happens on - https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=168
And you can contact support - Get More Help link on this page: http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2
venerdì 10 agosto 2007 17:28Moderatore
Could you please also send your support logs in per the below:
Open Windows Explorer and locate the following folder if Windows is installed on the C drive:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\
- Double click the file named OneCareSupport or OneCareSupport.exe. It will begin to collect the information.
- When it finishes collecting the information, note the path shown and name of the information file. (Generally, it is C:\OneCareSupportData.zip)
- Send the OneCareSupportData.zip file attached to an email message addressed to email@example.com with the following details
- Subject – A/V Monitoring Shuts Down (2.0)
- Willing to be contacted by Microsoft if needed - Yes / No
- Email address
Link to this thread: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1973859&SiteID=2