Avast Antivirus Home edition

質問

• Can anyone expain why I shouldn't run another antivirus in addition to Live One Care?  Clearly no single anti virus will catch all known viruses and yet One Care wnats to block the Avast download!
    2007年2月25日 20:41

回答

• You should *never* have two antivirus programs running concurrently as they will fight for the right to scan every file and process on access and even scan each other. This will affect performance of the PC and may cause other undesired results. It is not just OneCare that makes this recommendation, but all a/v vendors.

Last week I repaired a PC for someone that was having serious performance issues. They didn't have just two a/v programs active, but they had 3! What a war was being waged on that PC.

-steve

2007年2月26日 0:27

すべての返信

• You should *never* have two antivirus programs running concurrently as they will fight for the right to scan every file and process on access and even scan each other. This will affect performance of the PC and may cause other undesired results. It is not just OneCare that makes this recommendation, but all a/v vendors.

Last week I repaired a PC for someone that was having serious performance issues. They didn't have just two a/v programs active, but they had 3! What a war was being waged on that PC.

-steve

2007年2月26日 0:27
  •  BuzzB wrote:
    Can anyone expain why I shouldn't run another antivirus in addition to Live One Care?  Clearly no single anti virus will catch all known viruses and yet One Care wnats to block the Avast download!
    and will not let you get the update you need to keep yours PC up and good
    2007年6月3日 20:22
  • Please Arrange for the  avast Anti virus edition to be installed

2007年10月11日 11:05
  • I agree it would be great if you could run another A/V as a back up.Lord know as much as I like onecare it doesnt catch all.

2007年10月30日 13:16
  •  cl34 wrote:
    I agree it would be great if you could run another A/V as a back up.Lord know as much as I like onecare it doesnt catch all.

I can assure you that this will never be an option. All a/v vendors will warn against multiple live scanners as they will cause serious performance problems and other unexpected results due to conflicts. You can, however, disable OneCare antivirus monitoring temporarily and use any of the free, reputable, online scanners such as those from www.ewido.com and www.eset.com

-steve

2007年10月30日 17:28
  • Expanding on Steve's thoughts, you probably wouldn't want to choose the online On-demand OneCare Safety Scanner's Protection option or its Full Service scan, as this uses the same virus and spyware definitions as your subscription product, so your effort would only be a duplication.  However, if you really want to run the Clean up (Registry) portion of the scan at that site, this could be something you may want to consider doing.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

2007年10月30日 18:24