none
Is this still being worked on?

質問

• Appears this program was made then abandoned... before I pay for it I'd like to know if i'm wrong on that count... has there been any updates at all since fall 2009? are there going to be any?
    2011年6月11日 8:17

すべての返信

• Songsmith is not being actively developed, but we definitely haven't abandoned it!  We're always keeping an eye out for new opportunities related to Songsmith, listening to feedback about the product, and helping folks use Songsmith in new ways.

If you're unsure about whether Songsmith fits your needs and works reliably for you, we definitely encourage you to download the free trial version from our Web page.  This should give you plenty of time to evaluate it.

Happy Songsmith'ing!

-Dan from the Songsmith Team

2011年7月1日 19:52
  • What about making it an App for Windows Phone (or iPhone/iPad)?
    2012年1月26日 23:57
  • What about making it an App for Windows Phone (or iPhone/iPad)?

I second that. I have been searching for an app like this. Sometimes, I have a hard time falling asleep and some nice tune pops up in my head. I wanted to record it, make it sound better, and save it for later use.

Also, since I can't find a feature request topic, I'll post it here:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/songsmith/thread/4b11909a-0392-40ed-8eb5-0ac9080c096f

I actually have a similar request to the above.

I recorded my voice, cleaned it up for noise, and wanted to see how it would sound with different background music/tempo, etc. Right now, the only way to try the music genre/tempo is to re-record each time. That's time consuming and the recording is not the same each time, so it's not really a good comparison, and a waste of time due to repetitiveness. Also, the need to re-record means that I can't change my voice recording. I really would like the ability to import voice from an external file, and have the program create the background music from the file, instead of it being solely based on live recording.

Secondly, programs like Akoff music composer seems to be able to generate the melody (not very well, but sometimes OK), instead of just background music. Is this functionality available in Songsmith? I want to remove my voice, and just have the melody in there, since I don't have lyrics and my voice is not that great.

I hope that it will be actively worked on soon. 

• 編集済み l.n.h 2012年8月30日 19:54
    2012年8月30日 19:41
  • Thanks for your suggestions... one quick note. 

l.n.h wrote:

> Right now, the only way to try the music genre/tempo is to re-record each time

FYI you can change the style (genre) of the song after you've already recorded your voice, just click the "style" combo box in the lower-left corner of the main window.

You are correct that you can't change the tempo of the song after you've recorded your voice; this comes down to the fact that we wanted to keep the user interface simple in Songsmith.  But we've tried to make it easy for you to export your voice and the background music to audio or to MIDI, so you can bring it into any of several more full-featured audio editors, almost all of which have some ability to change the tempo of an existing recording.

Hope that helps!

-Dan from the Songsmith Team

2012年9月2日 20:07