OCS 2007 R2 Install on Windows Server 2008 R2 succeeded, but Web Conferencing not working

質問

• Hello,

I am very new to the world of OCS, and am learning that it is not a quick, simple install. However, the installation wizards completed just fine in our environment. I have installed OCS 2007 R2 Standard on a virtual machine, residing on a Hyper-V host. The virtual machine is running Windows Server 2008 R2. After putting all prerequisites in place, the install of the server finished successfully, at least according to the wizard. When running validation, I am getting all kinds of errors, but the ones I suspect that are tripping me up the most (not allowing web conferencing to work, even though the service is running and everything looks kosher). The error that is causing the most stink is when the URL is attempted to be reached at https://server.domain.local:444/liveserver/mcu . I know why an error is happening, and that is because there isn't even a virtual directory called "liveserver" in IIS under the Default Web Site. I assume that is supposed to be added in IIS during setup, and that if it wasn't added, that the wizard would have errored out. Obviously I assumed incorrectly. Also, when I try to go back into the Deployment CD, I cannot rerun the Server setup because it has the green check mark and is grayed out.

I have seen MANY postings on the web about this same thing, all with no solution or explanation. Can someone please offer some suggestions or shed some light on why this virtual directory is not in IIS, and how I can get it there so that everything starts magically working? I guess that this virtual directory is key to web conferencing working, because right now I have chat capability, desktop sharing capability, video conferencing w/audio, but if I add more than one person to the mix, it doesn't work. Says that it isn't installed or disabled. Which neither is true. PLEASE HELP!!!

v/r

Josh
    2009年9月23日 17:37

すべての返信

• OCS is not yet supported on Server R2, and this is one of the known issues. Is is not yet any workaround due to the fact that changes in OCS code would be required to support the differences in Server R2, specifically changes in how SSL works.  You will need to wait until an official statement and/or hotfixes is released.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    2009年9月23日 19:31
  • Well, that would explain a lot!! :-) Thanks for the heads up. Now to clarify, are you referring to Office Communicator Server 2007 R2 not being supported, or are you referring to Windows Server 2008 R2 not being supported yet? I just reran the installation on a Windows Server 2008 SP2 (NOT R2), and though I have not tested anything out yet, I peeked into IIS and still do not see a "/liveserver/" virtual directory...worries me. Thanks for your quick response yesterday and I look forward to more clarification today!

v/r

Josh Blalock
    2009年9月24日 16:10
  • Yes, OCS R2 code would need to be updated to support being installed on a Server 2008 R2 host, as right now some features are not functional.

2009年9月24日 17:01
  • Right, I understand. What I am saying now, though, is that I have now tried to install OCS 2007 R2 on Windows Server 2008 SP2 (NOT R2). Again the installation was successful, but validation still fails because, like before, no "/liveserver/" virtual directory exists or was installed in IIS. SO, Is OCS 2007 R2 also not compatible with Server 2008 R2? Do I need to put OCS 2007 R2 on Server 2003, or could this problem also be stemming from the fact that the server I am installing on is a virtual server hosted on a Hyper-V box?

v/r

Josh Blalock
    2009年9月24日 17:38
  • OCS is fully supported on Windows Server 2008 (SP1 and SP2), but not on 2008 R2.  It should work correctly in a Hyper-V guest.

You will not find a 'liveserver' folder among the IIS virtual directories as that path points the Conferencing MCU engine running on port 444 in your configuration.
    2009年9月24日 18:02
  • Ok, well it is good to know that I shouldn't be looking in IIS for that 'liveserver' virtual directory. That being said, I now need to troubleshoot further why I can't pass validation when the error log says this:

Check MCU Connectivity   URL: https://server.domain.local:444/LiveServer/DataMCU/
    HTTP Connectivity Error : ReceiveFailure
    HTTP Connectivity Error : Receive failure typically indicates that the connection was closed by
    the remote host. This can happen if the remote server does not trust the certificate presented by the
    Local Server.

HTTP Connectivity Error : Ensure that the certificate of the local server and remote server are both
    valid, have not expired, and contain valid subject name. In addition, ensure that the certificate chain
    of both Server(s) are valid. Ensure that the certificate chain of the local server is installed
    on the remote server and vice-versa. The most up-to date certificate chain that was used to issue
    the server certificate must be present.

Failure
    [0xC3FC200D] One or more errors were detected
    Check MCU Factory Connectivity   MCU Type: meeting
    URL: https://server.domain.local:444/LiveServer/MCUFactory/
    HTTP Connectivity Error : ReceiveFailure
    HTTP Connectivity Error : Receive failure typically indicates that the connection was closed by
    the remote host. This can happen if the remote server does not trust the certificate presented by the
    Local Server.

HTTP Connectivity Error : Ensure that the certificate of the local server and remote server are both
    valid, have not expired, and contain valid subject name. In addition, ensure that the certificate chain
    of both Server(s) are valid. Ensure that the certificate chain of the local server is installed
    on the remote server and vice-versa. The most up-to date certificate chain that was used to issue
    the server certificate must be present.

Any ideas why I would be getting these errors when attempting to hit that address? What should I check for? I don't know if it matters, but I am using a self-signed cert with the subject being the FQDN of the OCS 2007 server. The deplyment is Standard Server, so all server roles and pieces reside on one virtual machine with an OS of Windows Server 2008 SP2. Thanks so much for how helpful you have been, and I greatly appreciate whatever you can do to help me solve this...

One other little thing...We have a remote office that is on our domain, and the two sites are connected via an IPSEC VPN tunnel that exists between two ISA servers, one on our end, and one on theirs. We can IM back and forth, share the desktop, but whenever we try to do video, it says the call was disconnected. Any thoughts on that one?

v/r

Josh Blalock
    2009年9月24日 19:09