none
Overlay image/text in guided tours is cut off in Mirrordome mode

質問

• I am almost done building a WWT dome and decided I better try the software in Mirrordome mode.

An early crash got me nervous until I found a patch on this page.  (Thank You!!!)

The guided tours ALMOST work perfectly.  They are driving the simulator perfectly, however the overlaid text/images that are added to the tour are cut off.  It appears as if only the top half of the overlay visible.  The bottom half is off the bottom of the screen somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

2012年2月4日 5:55

回答

• The WWT Eclipse Alpha now has support for full dome tours with no issues. While you can't edit tour overlays with the mouse, the overlay list (now in the tours menu) and keyboard controls, let you position objects anywhere in the full dome space.

Most existing tours now work really well in the Eclipse release in full dome mode without any special work, but you can also update them to full dome mode to make more use of the full dome environment.

2013年3月14日 0:44
    所有者

すべての返信

• The tour mode authoring overlays are a flat tanget plane designed for flat computer screens. A tour authored for playback on the desktop will play on the dome, but the overlay's won't be positioned correctly in the dome mode.

We are working on proper dome mode overlays that will work in both single channel and multi-channel modes for a future release.

For now we recomend removing overlays for full dome tours and instead using text and overlays authored to a dome master image.

When a dome master image with a transparency is used you can have overlays and test layed out anywhere in the dome, but you must author this content outside of WWT and import it.

Jonathan

2012年2月22日 15:46
    所有者
  • Thanks for the detailed response!  Is there a way to simply not display the overlays in existing Tours that ship with the tool?

Thanks again for such an awesome tool.  The elementary school kids are super excited about the upcoming unveiling of their new planetarium......

2012年2月22日 19:52
  • We are working to improve our planetarium/tour interaction including dual overlay modes. One group of overlays for full dome, and another for desktop, allowing tours to be authored specifically for either environment.

Jonathan

2012年4月16日 16:06
    所有者
  • The WWT Eclipse Alpha now has support for full dome tours with no issues. While you can't edit tour overlays with the mouse, the overlay list (now in the tours menu) and keyboard controls, let you position objects anywhere in the full dome space.

Most existing tours now work really well in the Eclipse release in full dome mode without any special work, but you can also update them to full dome mode to make more use of the full dome environment.

2013年3月14日 0:44
    所有者