I have a requirement to do the following:
- Iterate through a bunch (~200) Project 2010 files in a folder
- Read through each file
- Export Tasks (and a few custom fields) to a text file with the same name as the Project file.
I understand that this needs to be done using Project automation and that it needs the software to be installed on Production. I'm ok with that. However all the samples I have found address export by running a macro from within a single file, not a bulk export scenario.
- Are there any code samples out there that do atleast part of what I'm looking to do?
- Are there any third party tools which I can purchase and do this?
- Is anybody aware of Informatica connectors that can connect to a MS Project file?
Re questions 1 & 2:
1) There is code out there, including from my book. Use the Dir VBA command to iterate through all .mpp files in a folder.
2) FileSaveAs to a .csv file. Use a Map that can be moved to the Global.mpt file using the Organizer.
Write the code in a project file and include in it all folder paths from which to search for .mpp files. Then Loop thru them and save as to .csv files. If .csv file format isn't suitable you can create your own text files from VBA.
This should be enough clues for a VBA developer!
Rod GillThe one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
- 回答の候補に設定 Amit Khare - Project Management Consultant 2012年4月27日 9:25