Hi, here follows the current scenario:
* Our farm is running MS Project Server 2007 SP1.
* Our corporate, is migrating all accounts from DomainA to DomainB. For example, user DomainA\XXX will be migrated to DomainB\XXX.
* DomainA and DominB are with trusts between them.
I would like to know the possible consequences of this account migration (I think catastrophic) and whether there are tools or best practices able to support this use case.
About migration on users I only know that sid user history will be preserved. But I'm not sure that Project Server will still recognize the correct user after migration has been performed.
Take a look at Brian Smith's post here:
Another option rather that using the direct SQL method to update the users domain once the servers have been moved to the new domain, open all the users that are resources in the Enterprise Resource pool, insert the windows account into the view then do a find and replace (old domain for the new domain) then save the resource pool. Users that are not resources can be updated in PWA > Server Settings > Manage Users.
I would test this fully on a test environment first.
2012年4月19日 12:56What about stsadm migrateuser operation? Will this work with Project Server 2007?
Ok, there are Enterprise Resource Pool users used in the WP projects.
But we have also the SP users in the workspaces. Do you know whether migrateuser will work for the workspaces created in the Project Server?
If you set project server to automatically synchronise users with the Project Workspaces then the Project workspaces will get updated with the correct accounts. use steps 13 and 14 from Brian Smiths post after you have updated the accounts in Project Server.
- 回答としてマーク Emiliano Poggi 2012年4月19日 16:00
Hi, what about if "service user" will not be migrated? From the article you linked, I guess I would need only to accomplish these steps.
A feedback is much appreciated. Thanks a lot
A)In MSP_RESOURCES table of Published database, change the domain name of the users.
Use the following query
SET WRES_ACCOUNT = REPLACE(LTRIM(WRES_ACCOUNT), '<Current Domain Name>', '<New Domain Name>');
In this scenario, I used,
SET WRES_ACCOUNT = REPLACE (LTRIM(WRES_ACCOUNT), 'APAC', 'NORTHAMERICA');
13. To initiate “User Synchronization for Project Web Access App Root Site and Project WSS Workspaces”, create a new Category (say “TestSync”) from on Server Settings, Manage Groups add users to this group ( do not add the currently logged in user ) and click save. Again, revert back the changes. Delete the newly created category.
14. Once, “User Synchronization for Project Web Access App Root Site and Project WSS Workspaces” is succeeded, synchronize the Project Workspaces from Server Settings, Project Workspaces.
15. Test the server by publishing a new project and existing project as well.
16. Ask users to access the PWA and Project workspaces and test.
Yes, with service user I mean the farm account (used also to run all services).
Can I definitely rely on the few steps above to migrate users only? Do I forget something?