none
Can WHS2011 "map network drive" a share on a NAS device?

질문

• Attempt: Use a NAS device as the main storage area for file sharing and streaming. Use WHS2011 to stream and everything else being a server is. Map the NAS shares as drive letters on WHS.

Setup: A router, 1 computer WIN7PRO, 1 computer WHS2011, 1 XBOX, 1 NAS Buffalo Terastation. (all connected through the router, on same workgroup)

Knowledge Level: WHS2011 Entry Level, Understands technical concepts

Issue: WHS2011 Computer cannot map a share that's from the NAS. I get a "password not correct" every time. Everything is on the same workgroup. I use the same method to map a network drive on the WHS that i use on WIN7, only it works on my WIN7. Also, in WHS, when I tried to map a share from the WIN7 compy, it works fine.

Question: Is it possible to map a share from a NAS on WHS when they are on the same workgroup? Or does the NAS have to be put in the server's domain?

Thank you for any assistance!

2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 3:03

답변

• You can't use your NAS as part of Windows Home Server's storage and share that data out using Windows Home Server, managing everything through the server dashboard.

If you want to map drives and deal with sharing data out by hand, at least some of it is possible (AFAIK you will still not be able to share data e.g. NAS -> WHS -> client computer in this way), but not supported, and if you're having issues with security ("password not correct" is definitely a security issue of some sort), those issues are not a Windows Home Server problem.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• 답변으로 표시됨 tornotlukin 2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 3:55
    2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 3:45

모든 응답

• You can't use your NAS as part of Windows Home Server's storage and share that data out using Windows Home Server, managing everything through the server dashboard.

If you want to map drives and deal with sharing data out by hand, at least some of it is possible (AFAIK you will still not be able to share data e.g. NAS -> WHS -> client computer in this way), but not supported, and if you're having issues with security ("password not correct" is definitely a security issue of some sort), those issues are not a Windows Home Server problem.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• 답변으로 표시됨 tornotlukin 2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 3:55
    2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 3:45
  • Thanks for the quick reply!
    2012년 3월 15일 목요일 오후 3:57