none
Windows Live Email: "A problem occurred while trying to open this message."

Vraag

• I'm running Windows 7 Professional.   Windows Live Mail started giving me the message "A problem occurred while trying to open this message." any time I try to open a message (including old ones).  I've unistalled all of Windows Live Essentials which includes Windows Live Mail. I also cleared the registry entries for these and then rebooted and reinstalled All of Windows live Essentials.  I imported the email I exported before I unistalled Windows Live Email.  I get the same message when I try to open any email, old or new.

Any Suggetsions will be appreciated

zaterdag 18 december 2010 5:04

Alle reacties

• I had the same problem and found a solution. Go to uninstall software and select uninstall for Windows Live Essetials 2011. You will be given the option to uninstall it or repair it. Select "Repair". Takes a few minutes but should eliminate the message. Did it for me. Good Luck & Merry Christmas!
    • Als antwoord voorgesteld door Nerill maandag 14 februari 2011 13:44
    donderdag 23 december 2010 12:54
  • I tried the repair before uninstalling. I still have the issue after doing both.
    • Als antwoord voorgesteld door jflebreton1234 zondag 29 juli 2012 23:29
    donderdag 6 januari 2011 1:22
  • I have the similar or same problem.  Last night everything was fine.  This morning I cannot read any mail new or old (double click doesn't open the popup).  I cannot access my address book at all. 

Repair does nothing to help.

Bumping this thread.  Does anyone have a solution?

donderdag 20 januari 2011 16:10
  • I have the similar or same problem.  Last night everything was fine.  This morning I cannot read any mail new or old (double click doesn't open the popup).  I cannot access my address book at all. 

Repair does nothing to help.

Bumping this thread.  Does anyone have a solution?

donderdag 20 januari 2011 16:10
  • I have a similar problem.  Although I can open my emails I can not send any.  I can't even write any.  If I click reply or new I get the same message.  It seems to have coincided with a windows update but there's no solution so far.
    donderdag 20 januari 2011 19:27
  • Me too.  I can open incoming mail but get the error when I click "Email message", "Forward", or "Reply". 

So I can hear but I can't speak, and I'd much prefer it the other way around. 

I tried shopper2's suggestion; no help but thanks for trying.  It spent a couple of minutes repairing (whatever tf that means) Windows Live (dead) Essentials 2011, then asked for a restart and received same.  Problem remains. 

If anyone at MS is listening: how about spending a few thousand of those billions on this problem?

• Als antwoord voorgesteld door jflebreton1234 zondag 29 juli 2012 23:30
    vrijdag 21 januari 2011 7:27
  • I've had this problem several times since I've been using Windows Live.  Today, had several that I couldn't open. 

vrijdag 21 januari 2011 22:32
  • This is the Windows Live Writer forum.

Support for Windows Live Essential applications are available in the Windows Live Solution Center

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail

...winston
    MSFT MVP Live Mail
    zondag 23 januari 2011 3:24
  • Ditto... BUMP! BUMP! BUMP!!!!

Anyone? I guess it's Outlook for now...

rags

donderdag 27 januari 2011 23:23
  • I had the same problem and found a solution. Go to uninstall software and select uninstall for Windows Live Essetials 2011. You will be given the option to uninstall it or repair it. Select "Repair". Takes a few minutes but should eliminate the message. Did it for me. Good Luck & Merry Christmas!
    It worked to me too!!!!! Thanks. It was rather annoying to see new email messages on my inbox but not been able to open them. ;-)
    maandag 31 januari 2011 20:06
  • I too tried, and it worked. As an IT pro, this would be the first step I would suggest.  If it does not work for you, then other options would be in order, but at least the simplest solution has been attempted.

Also, as an IT pro, it would be interesting to know exactly what WAS fixed with this solution.

maandag 14 februari 2011 13:47
  • Worked!, Cheers.
    dinsdag 26 april 2011 22:08
  • Actually, it worked for a while, now they're not opening again.

Cheers.

vrijdag 29 april 2011 22:18
  • Now I'm getting this message. I switched from Outlook to Windows Live because of the issues with Outlook.  I went to your link- it's absolutely ridiculous that you tell people to back up, delete registries, uninstall, reinstall, etc...  When is MICROSOFT going to provide a fix for this issue instead of putting it back on the consumers?   Do we all have to abandon MS email and go to gmail/yahoo,etc...?    I read the feeds and the suggestions are tried and do not work. MS needs to provide a fix for this.   Incidentally, this problem did not start until my computer ran MS updates this evening....   Time for Apple?????
    vrijdag 17 juni 2011 2:31
  • I also got this after updates were installed. What the hell? I thought updates were supposed to improve not destroy....
    vrijdag 17 juni 2011 5:24
  • Worked!, Cheers.
    yes!!! worked .
    http://makemoneyhomebusinesscenter.com
    vrijdag 17 juni 2011 9:00
  • You state you've had this problem several times. 

How did you resolve initial instantces?

artreid44@hotmail.com

dinsdag 21 juni 2011 21:09
  • "repaired" twice. did not solve "A problem occurred while trying to open this message."
    woensdag 22 juni 2011 15:52
  • I get the same message except it's when I try to compose a new message.  Tried the repair and it didn't work.
    donderdag 23 juni 2011 14:48
  • We've had the same problem for the past week. After checking replies, trying Windows Live Essential repair, defrag, registry cleaner/repair, etc., still frustrated!

. . . . and waiting on a solution from Windows - more than a few of us are suddenly having this problem

vrijdag 24 juni 2011 3:13
  • Ottabe, I had a similar thing happen, but it turned out to be in the midst of 32 "Automatic Updates" from Microsoft on 18 June.  They came in two batches, 26 and 6.  After  the initial 26 self-installed, the problem you describe started.  I worked on doing all the things that have been suggested, including removing and re-installing Windows Live Mail all to no avail.  Then, after the next 6 updates a day and one-half later, I could Reply, Create and Send eMails again.  The real pain came with restoring my "Exported" messages.  The export process seems to do weird things creating empty folders with valid names and folders with strange, unfamiliar names (e.g., "Frontier (l b51" & "Imported Fo c25") that contain properly archived folders (e.g., Family, Social, etc).  I agree with you about Microsoft getting on the ball about fixing this problem - the Posts on this problem go back nearly a year and seem to come in batches.  Look what Tina1966 said above about MS Updates on 17 June - an unrelated witness and she has a good point about MS.  Here we are floundering in the wilderness with no help from MS and little hope that there will be.

zondag 26 juni 2011 17:43
  • I searched and found Mr. Fixit

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

I ran it and can now create messages. I wonder what other effect it will have on the system

Thanks Dragonfly (and others)

• Als antwoord voorgesteld door NetReamer zaterdag 2 juli 2011 4:00
    maandag 27 juni 2011 16:12

Thanks a lot. This solution worked for me.

I am able to reply and forward emails now.

donderdag 30 juni 2011 7:23
  • I searched and found Mr. Fixit

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910336

I ran it and can now create messages. I wonder what other effect it will have on the system

Thanks Dragonfly (and others)

I was helping out a friend that had this problem (the error message in question) when trying to compose new messages.  The default behavior (I didn't need to try the aggresive) of the MS fixit in KB910336 worked like a charm for her.  Thanks.
    zaterdag 2 juli 2011 4:04
  • I tried all of the above including the aggressive fix and still can't compose or reply to email.
    zaterdag 2 juli 2011 17:53
  • I tried all of the above including the aggressive fix and still can't compose or reply to email.

Same as you Lulu, I've tried all the suggestions above and no resolution.
    vrijdag 5 augustus 2011 22:14
  • The uninstall/repair worked for me. I dd notice that my email compose/reply/forward stopped working after I installed 14 Office 2010 updates.  Could that be the cause?
    zaterdag 6 augustus 2011 16:58
  • Unlikely

Office (2010, 2007. 2003) updates don't change Windows Live Mail files or program.

...winston
    MSFT MVP Live Mail
    zondag 7 augustus 2011 1:46
  • Repairing 'Windows Live Essentials 2011', on Windows 7, worked for me.
    zondag 18 september 2011 0:03
  • I am fed up with Live Mail.  The problem continues no matter what I do, and about one in five tries do I bring up the contact names when composing.  People bitched about Vista but at least MS Mail worked great.

zondag 2 oktober 2011 15:07
  • hi,

yes i do agree  with you that it works.... really works...

thanks for sharing...

-----------------------------------------------------

niteshahir

www.esparkinfo.com/

dinsdag 4 oktober 2011 6:49
  • Okay, I am tired of Live Mail, and want to try Thunderbird.  I have downloaded it and love the format.How can I get all my contacts transferred from Live Mail?

I have farted with Live Mail for over a month, and opening messages takes forever, and trying to bring up recipients when creating new message is impossible.  What piece of garbage, and this is an improvement?  MS needs to take this program down.

donderdag 6 oktober 2011 14:15
    • close your windows live email:
    • run as a cmd admistrator: sfc /scan now
    • reopen windows live email

Good luck!

• Als antwoord voorgesteld door still_trying maandag 31 december 2012 18:47
    zaterdag 14 juli 2012 15:34
  • @newuser7

1. This forum is defunct. For Windows Live Mail support (questions or answers) --> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail

2. The last post in this thread was approx 8 months ago.

...winston
    MSFT MVP Live Mail

zondag 15 juli 2012 0:16
  • Now, Live email is working well, But i want to set up in my signature my website http://www.vemaybay999.com, I don't see where to set it
    • Bewerkt door MrVi zondag 29 juli 2012 6:22
    zondag 29 juli 2012 6:21
  • hi,

yes i do agree  with you that it works.... really works...

thanks for sharing...

How does it works, could you please tell me the solutions. Thanks in advance.
    maandag 8 oktober 2012 15:46
  • THUMBS UP TO YOU, I AGREE A THOUSAND PERCENT WITH YOUR COMPLAINT AGAINST WLMAIL ESSENTIALS.  DITTO FOR ME A MILLION FOLD!!!  THIS EMAIL PROGRAM IS PURE GARBAGE.  BESIDES HAVING THE GLITCH OF THIS THREAD, I HAVE TONS OF OTHER ONES, SOMETIMES ALL AT ONE TIME.  MICROSOFT IS THE PIT OF A BUNCH OF CROOKS STEALING OUR MONEY, OUR PEACE, AND OUR HEALTH AND MENTAL HEALTH TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN THEY SIMULATE TO "HELP US" THEY ASK US TO DO DRASTIC THINGS LIKE UNINSTALLING/INSTALLING AND SENDING US TO A MERRY-GO-ROUND...

THEY EXPECT US TO DO THEIR WORK BY THRUSTING ON THE MARKET UNFINISHED PROGRAMS FOR US TO SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES AND GIVE THEM FEEDBACK.  THEN THEY THRUST TO THE MARKET ANOTHER ONE WITH THE FEEDBACKS INSTALLED....BUT WAIT!  THESE HAVE A LOT OF GLITCHES TOO....SO, AGAIN A MERRY-GO-ROUND!!!!!!!!!!

MAY THEY SUFFER THE THOUSAND AGGRAVATIONS WE SUFFER ON THEIR MISERABLY DONE PROGRAMS!!!!!!!!

zondag 17 november 2013 16:38
  • Hi artreid, did you get an answer to your private email?  If it worked please let me know?   nuevadela2@rcn.com (of course I won't be able to open it because of this glitch here, but hopefully I will sometime....)
    zondag 17 november 2013 16:42
  • This forum (Live Writer) is defunct and has been for over 2 yrs when all support from MSFT transitioned to answers.microsoft.com

i.e. No one from MSFT is monitoring this forum

For MSFT support on Windows Live Essentials (2009, 2011) or Windows Essentials 20012 use the following link

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/

• Scroll down and choose the appropriate application in the 'Product' field -

.e.g Live Mail support would be found here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail/

Also, I don't think artreid is monitoring this thread either...his last post/feedback was approx. 2.5 **years** ago

Finally, no one is stealing your money when using Windows Live Essentials or Windows Essentials - it's free unless someone managed to convince otherwise.

...winston
    MSFT MVP Consumer Apps

zondag 17 november 2013 23:34