Do I want PP3?

Vraag

• I see PP3 released from beta and is now offered in Windows Update.  I'm currently running WHS with PP2 and have only a few minor problems which I have submitted to MSFT.  Do I want to let Windows Update install PP3?  What are the advantages/disadvantages?  I always let MSFT install the latest and greatest fixes and updates to XP, Vista and now W7.  Same for WHS?
    donderdag 26 november 2009 22:20

Antwoorden

• Shortly after I posted WHS automatically installed PP3 so part of my question is mute.  However, is there any place information that outlines what was in/fixed in PP3?

WHS Release Documentation.
    • Als antwoord gemarkeerd door Ken429 vrijdag 27 november 2009 18:12
    vrijdag 27 november 2009 15:11

Alle reacties

• You really want to install Windows home server updates when they're available. Set your server to install updates automatically. Assuming you didn't install the Power Pack 3 beta (see the sticky at the top of the forum if you did) it will automatically install within a day or two.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    vrijdag 27 november 2009 3:30
  • Shortly after I posted WHS automatically installed PP3 so part of my question is mute.  However, is there any place information that outlines what was in/fixed in PP3?

vrijdag 27 november 2009 11:13

WHS Release Documentation.
    • Als antwoord gemarkeerd door Ken429 vrijdag 27 november 2009 18:12
    vrijdag 27 november 2009 15:11