WHS system drive failed after installing WHS PP3 Beta

Vraag

• i installed Windows 7 RCx64 last week on my desktop, was having some problems getting connector to run for my Acer 340 so i installed PP3 Beta in order to try and get it to connect and then back up. It  now refuses to boot up at all. i see HD light come on blue, then it eventually turns red blinking. No HD lights come on.

i am running Acer Veriton 6900 Pro, 4 G Ram, 240 Processor, wired connection

i have been having trouble since early August with Acer Homeserver, first sys drive failed and system recovery was a disaster, i was still cleaning up files when this happened. There were no add-ons installed as i have been too busy trying to retrieve data, pix, music etc.
    dinsdag 17 november 2009 20:52

Alle reacties

• It sounds like you have some sort of hardware failure. It's hard to say what exactly. I would suggest a data recovery effort following the procedures outlined here (scroll down to "copy the data manually to a new location), followed by a call to Acer.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    dinsdag 17 november 2009 22:38
  • thank you Ken and or Kariya21, sorry new to forums here and protocol so i am not sure how the reply came about, but thank you

i think i am looking at an RMA here with Acer as it is second system disk gone in a couple of months - this info will help me insure i get my data off safely
    woensdag 18 november 2009 17:25
  • I had a tough time with some drives in a computer that I built to run WHS. I kept getting a drive failure on either the system drive or one of the data drives. After this happened a couple of times, I discovered the drives didn't fail, I just had data corruption. I had 4 drives in the computer, all stacked on top of each other. What I finally did to solve the problem, was to seperate the drives and I bought some of those fans that mount of the bottom of them to keep them cool. No drive failures or data corruption since I reconfigured the drives and added fans. Rick M
    Rick McMillion
    dinsdag 24 november 2009 7:33