none
see all saved views

Odpowiedzi

• You are right--I was wrong.  In 3.0 or 4.0, your only choices in the security roles is user owned or none.  The only way I'm aware of for other people to see the saved view that a user has created is for that user to share them.  Go advanced find, click on saved views, select view, more actions, sharing.

I guess that's by design--the idea of advanced find/save views is to make it easy for users to create whatever ad-hoc views they need without impacting the experience of the other users.

There may be some tricks I'm not aware of though.

7 sierpnia 2008 11:34
  • The security settings are 'by design', as this is how CRM identifies which saved views to display to a user.

What do you want to do with the views ? I can think of 2 ways to retrieve information about the views:

1. Programmatically via the CRM API. Saved views are stored in the savedquery entity. To get views for a particular user you'd have to run code in the context of that user, which you do ion CRM 3.0 by setting the CallerIdValue of the CrmService instance. An example of this technique (although it was used to create views) can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/12/14/crm-blog-automating-local-data-query-creation.aspx
    2. Query the MSCRM database directly. Query the savedquery view to bypass CRM security. This is unsupported

9 sierpnia 2008 15:51

Wszystkie odpowiedzi

• In the CRM 4.0 security roles on the General tab there is a setting for saved view.  It is set by default to just user owned.

You cannot edit the System Administrator role, so you will want to copy it and change the Read access on saved views to organization.

Then give yourself that role as well as system administrator.  You can have multiple security roles in CRM, and whichever is higher in a given area will apply.

6 sierpnia 2008 09:34
  • see the security settings of administrator, add administrator role and apply on saved view

For More see MS CRM Support section

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/12976

Regards,
    Imran

http://www.crmxperts.com

6 sierpnia 2008 12:48
  • Actually we are using CRM 3.0 and we have only options for the secuirty role for "saved views" is "user" and "none selected"...any idea?

7 sierpnia 2008 04:08
  • You are right--I was wrong.  In 3.0 or 4.0, your only choices in the security roles is user owned or none.  The only way I'm aware of for other people to see the saved view that a user has created is for that user to share them.  Go advanced find, click on saved views, select view, more actions, sharing.

I guess that's by design--the idea of advanced find/save views is to make it easy for users to create whatever ad-hoc views they need without impacting the experience of the other users.

There may be some tricks I'm not aware of though.

7 sierpnia 2008 11:34
  • Actually we are using CRM 3.0 and we have only options for the secuirty role for "saved views" is "user" and "none selected"...any idea?

can somebody help me on this?

8 sierpnia 2008 03:03
  • The security settings are 'by design', as this is how CRM identifies which saved views to display to a user.

What do you want to do with the views ? I can think of 2 ways to retrieve information about the views:

1. Programmatically via the CRM API. Saved views are stored in the savedquery entity. To get views for a particular user you'd have to run code in the context of that user, which you do ion CRM 3.0 by setting the CallerIdValue of the CrmService instance. An example of this technique (although it was used to create views) can be found here: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/12/14/crm-blog-automating-local-data-query-creation.aspx
    2. Query the MSCRM database directly. Query the savedquery view to bypass CRM security. This is unsupported

9 sierpnia 2008 15:51