14 czerwca 2012 16:41
I looked at the Task Text Disappearing thread from December 2010 and it didn't answer my question.
I am using PS2010 (not beta) and this has just happened to one of my users. I have approximately 30 users and 60 projects in the system. Most of our users save their schedules using wireless. This particular project schedule has more than 1,000 lines. Could that have anything to do with it? The project also uses the Enterprise Resource Pool.
I noticed that if I go into the Resource Assignment view in PWA the task names are there. But they are not visible in the Project Center Schedule view, nor on the MS Project schedule. The outline plus and minus boxes are the only thing that appears.
We have been on this version of Project Server since December 2011 with no other instances of this happening. Do you think it could be a corrupt file? If so would you have any idea as to how it got corrupted? The user said this has happened several times in the past (without letting me know), but this user is the only instance I know of.
Questions asked on the December 2010 thread:
1. Is the scenario cross version? Do you work on different version of MPP when this problem happened?
We only work on MSP2010
2. What are the last few steps you did before this problem happened?
As above, save, publish, close, exit (waiting until each stepo is complete before doing the next step)
3. Did the task name disappear right after some operation or only disappear after re-open?
Noticed the task name had disappeared
4. Do you see this problem on projects that are not using resource pool?
All of our 60+ projects use the Enterprise Resource Pool.
5. Do you see this problem on projects that are not using custom fields?
All of our 60+ projects use the same enterprise custom fields.
25 czerwca 2012 09:24Moderator
6 lipca 2012 15:43Gary - Thank you for the suggestion. The workaround we did was to create a whole new schedule and upload it, replacing the original. You solution sounds easier.
- Oznaczony jako odpowiedź przez smokief 6 lipca 2012 15:43