8 maja 2012 20:03
I built a PerformancePoint Report with Dashboard Designer, based on the MSP_Portfolio_Analyzer cube.
- Bottom axis : Time,
- Background : Cost
- Series: Resource_Department_Resource
The results are OK.
If I change the series: Resource_Country_Resource (where "Country" is a enterprise custom field for the resource entity, with a lookup table) the cost values for every countries are exactly the same in each month, which is obviously false.
What can be the issue?
- Zmodyfikowany przez WLID1966 8 maja 2012 20:05
12 maja 2012 17:52
the issue is most likely that you added the custom field Country to the resource cube, but not to the assignment cube.
As an check or indication, is the (identical) cost value for every count the sum of the cost for all countries?
To fix this, please do the following:
- Go to /PWA, Server Settings, Database Adminsitration, OLAP Database Management.
- Select the row of your OLAP DB, click Configuration.
- In the first paragraph Cube Dimensions, select Cube: Assignment.
- Add Resource_Country_Resource from the left to the right side.
- Note: Resource_Country_R_Assignment will likely appear as well, but it should not need to be added.
- Save, rebuild the cubes, check your Dashboard. It might be necessary to remove and add the dimension again.
- If that does not help, please try adding Resource_Country_R_Assignment and using it on the Dashboard.
Now, for the explanation, let me try: MSP_Portfolio_Analyzer combines Assignment and Resource Cube. As such, it contains all dimensions that at least one of the two cubes has. Now, if you added the custom field Country to the resource cube, but not to the assignment cube, then the first result is that Country (Resource_Country_Resource) is added as dimension to the MSP_Portfolio_Analyzer cube.
You query the measure Cost. The cube Resource contains only Capacity measure(s), the Cost measure is in the Assignment. Now you slice/filter for Resource_Country_Resource, but the Assignment cube does not contain this dimension, so the filter will do nothing and still return the full data of all countries.
- Oznaczony jako odpowiedź przez WLID1966 13 maja 2012 08:20
13 maja 2012 08:24
Thanks a lot Adrian!
What a detailed explanation! That worked like a charm!
- Zmodyfikowany przez WLID1966 13 maja 2012 08:50