server temporarily unavailable?!!!

Pergunta

• I'm running  XP professional 2002 SP3 on an Intel Core 2 T5500 @ 1.66GHz Sony Vaio Laptop. I have Windows Firewall enabled and I have BitDefender Total Security 2010 installed. I use Mozilla Firefox browser and I do not have any problems connecting to the internet or with any other software.

My problem is:

I've just installed Office Professional Plus 2010 from brand new disks, when I try to run the Activation Wizard I get:

"A communication error has occurred. Please verify that you have connectivity to the internet and try again. (0x80072EFD)"

and:

Microsoft communicator keeps throwing up the "Server temporarily unavailable" message.

I don't know if it's connected to this problem but every time I start my laptop I am prompted to download 2 updates and every time I shutdown I'm prompted to click to install the downloads. It is always the same downloads, which are:

Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB973688)

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430)

Even after downloading and successfully installing these updates I immediately get the Yellow Shield on the TaskBar telling me: "Updates are ready for my computer" if I click on install these updates, it is exactly the same updates again!

• Editado Beaglejump terça-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2011 14:31
    terça-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2011 13:58

Respostas

Todas as Respostas