MS office 2003 Validation

Pergunta

• I have my original software and product key for MS Office 2003 that I loaded on my new Dell desktop.  The same MS Office 2003 was removed from my old machine prior to selling it.  How do I validate my software so I can download updates?

The following info was obtained the Office Genuine Advantage Results Report:

OS Version:  Windows XP Professional

Manufacturer:  Dell Inc.

Model:  Dell DXC061

PID:  76487-OEM-2211906-00102

In advance, thanks.

Scott Farley

quarta-feira, 13 de junho de 2007 16:54

Respostas

• Scott,

You may have to use the telephone activation process. You can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.
    2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next
    3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.
    4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.
    5) Click “Next”.
    6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

quarta-feira, 13 de junho de 2007 21:23
  • Opened Word, and clicked Help then Activate Product.  Informed "This product has already been activiated."  Used your link below and dialed the 888 number listed.  The auto response system was not helpful.
    sábado, 16 de junho de 2007 15:21
  •  ScottFarley wrote:
    Opened Word, and clicked Help then Activate Product.  Informed "This product has already been activiated."  Used your link below and dialed the 888 number listed.  The auto response system was not helpful.
    domingo, 17 de junho de 2007 02:33
  • Scott,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1) Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.

2) Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below; the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2007 19:22
  • ya know, NONE of this has been helpful at all. The 888 number is useless. It asks for options that are not true.  it demands that the activation wizard be open. I keep saying - there is NO activation wizard because the software says the product is ALREADY activated.

I have Office 2003. I try to activate. the product says that I am already activated. there is no activation wizard. At all. Fooling around on the MS websirtes is tiome wasting and unproductive.

Sorry, but that's the way I fell. I paid. I try to upgrade because of errors that tell me I need to get the recent Office 2003 updates. I cant do it. Your stated processes dont work. And here I am.

Why dont you folks just come out and admit it - you DONT want to help us.

terça-feira, 19 de junho de 2007 12:16
  • Chlarru,

I am sorry you feel this way. As you I am a customer. We are here to help our customers and try in every way. First I really need all customers to make their own post vs. posting in someone else's because this will allow our team to focus on each person. Also translation becomes boggled when there are several customers posting in one thread. This is what I need for each poster is please run the diagnostic test and post in separate threads. IN turn we can analyze each person's problem and address a solution accordingly. In this thread I have posted the directions but no one has completed the diag and posted the results. It is hard for us to give out solutions unless the diag results are posted. There may be other problems causing problems yet we give out other solutions. Please help us so we may help you.  Thank you very much for having patients.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

terça-feira, 19 de junho de 2007 18:08
  • I have been trying to get the Genuine Validation for Office resolved.  My original installation was under a volume license.

How do I get this resolved?

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 6045c779-1671-4180-a01f-0fc91c6bd49d
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Allowed
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>6045c779-1671-4180-a01f-0fc91c6bd49d</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-839522115-1004336348-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>Dimension 2400               </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Version>A05</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20031202000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>5CB3324F01842062</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57664</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90170409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72079-640-0000106-55029</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{903A0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72076-640-0000106-55181</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2007 12:45
  •  ABIMCO

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team analyze problems so we may find resolutions.  There are two separate issues.  XP Pro and Office XP Professional are two separate programs. XP Pro is the operating system while Office XP is the productivity suite. 

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Microsoft Office XP Professional and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and versions of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of MS Office 2003 is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer and let them know MS Office is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses.  Demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Curious was your computer turned in for repairs/upgrades and was the hard drive reformatted?   In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation or reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Stephen Holm

OGA Forum Manager

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2007 23:20
  • Thank you for your response.

You are correct in stating it will be a surprise for me to learn the copy of XP Office Pro is not a legitimate copy.

This program was loaded on to my machine by our external computer consultant and as far as we were lead to believe it was part of a 100 license program he had purchased, and it was not sold to an individual consumer. 

There was an original MS Office installed on my machine when it was purchased from Dell and the computer consultant merely upgraded using what is supposed to be a Volume License he purchased.

As to your question of curiousity, yes the hard drive was totally reformatted and software reinstalled as a result of a major problem that had developed in the operating system software (it may have come from an undetected virus or some similar problem that caused major problems to the computer).

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 12:04

Todas as Respostas

• Scott,

You may have to use the telephone activation process. You can select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.
    2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next
    3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    Note You are not required to read the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy to continue these steps in Microsoft Office 2007. A link to the Microsoft Office Privacy Policy is provided so that you can read it at any time.
    4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.
    5) Click “Next”.
    6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

quarta-feira, 13 de junho de 2007 21:23
  • Opened Word, and clicked Help then Activate Product.  Informed "This product has already been activiated."  Used your link below and dialed the 888 number listed.  The auto response system was not helpful.
    sábado, 16 de junho de 2007 15:21
  •  ScottFarley wrote:
    Opened Word, and clicked Help then Activate Product.  Informed "This product has already been activiated."  Used your link below and dialed the 888 number listed.  The auto response system was not helpful.
    domingo, 17 de junho de 2007 02:33
  • Scott,

I understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1) Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.

2) Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below; the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1.      After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.

2.      Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Manager

segunda-feira, 18 de junho de 2007 19:22
  • ya know, NONE of this has been helpful at all. The 888 number is useless. It asks for options that are not true.  it demands that the activation wizard be open. I keep saying - there is NO activation wizard because the software says the product is ALREADY activated.

I have Office 2003. I try to activate. the product says that I am already activated. there is no activation wizard. At all. Fooling around on the MS websirtes is tiome wasting and unproductive.

Sorry, but that's the way I fell. I paid. I try to upgrade because of errors that tell me I need to get the recent Office 2003 updates. I cant do it. Your stated processes dont work. And here I am.

Why dont you folks just come out and admit it - you DONT want to help us.

terça-feira, 19 de junho de 2007 12:16
  • Chlarru,

I am sorry you feel this way. As you I am a customer. We are here to help our customers and try in every way. First I really need all customers to make their own post vs. posting in someone else's because this will allow our team to focus on each person. Also translation becomes boggled when there are several customers posting in one thread. This is what I need for each poster is please run the diagnostic test and post in separate threads. IN turn we can analyze each person's problem and address a solution accordingly. In this thread I have posted the directions but no one has completed the diag and posted the results. It is hard for us to give out solutions unless the diag results are posted. There may be other problems causing problems yet we give out other solutions. Please help us so we may help you.  Thank you very much for having patients.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

terça-feira, 19 de junho de 2007 18:08
  • I have been trying to get the Genuine Validation for Office resolved.  My original installation was under a volume license.

How do I get this resolved?

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: 6045c779-1671-4180-a01f-0fc91c6bd49d
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Allowed
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>6045c779-1671-4180-a01f-0fc91c6bd49d</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-839522115-1004336348-1801674531</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>Dimension 2400               </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Computer Corporation</Manufacturer><Version>A05</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20031202000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>5CB3324F01842062</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>1</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57664</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90170409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72079-640-0000106-55029</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{903A0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72076-640-0000106-55181</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2007 12:45
  •  ABIMCO

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information on the thread. Diagnostic results help our team analyze problems so we may find resolutions.  There are two separate issues.  XP Pro and Office XP Professional are two separate programs. XP Pro is the operating system while Office XP is the productivity suite. 

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Microsoft Office XP Professional and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and versions of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of MS Office 2003 is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer and let them know MS Office is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK statuses.  Demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Curious was your computer turned in for repairs/upgrades and was the hard drive reformatted?   In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation or reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Stephen Holm

OGA Forum Manager

sexta-feira, 22 de junho de 2007 23:20
  • Thank you for your response.

You are correct in stating it will be a surprise for me to learn the copy of XP Office Pro is not a legitimate copy.

This program was loaded on to my machine by our external computer consultant and as far as we were lead to believe it was part of a 100 license program he had purchased, and it was not sold to an individual consumer. 

There was an original MS Office installed on my machine when it was purchased from Dell and the computer consultant merely upgraded using what is supposed to be a Volume License he purchased.

As to your question of curiousity, yes the hard drive was totally reformatted and software reinstalled as a result of a major problem that had developed in the operating system software (it may have come from an undetected virus or some similar problem that caused major problems to the computer).

segunda-feira, 25 de junho de 2007 12:04