none
The file is open in another program

Pergunta

• I have found older posts on this subject however since they are several months old I thought I would post to see if there were any new developments.

HP MediaSmart EX495 WHS  v3.3.1 with 4 1.5 TB internal HD

About three days ago my WHS gave me File Conflict error. The status panel identified the error as a File Open problem involving an mpg file in the Videos share. As this was a "test" mpg and of no value I attempted to delete it and received the error "The action can't be completed because the file is open in another program." Because I am backing up the shares to an external drive I went ahead and turned of folder duplication for the Video share which cleared the error and got me my "WHS green light" back. I have insured that Windows Media Center is not "looking" at the sub-folder and file in question and other than that I was at a loss.

I have researched thoroughly and cannot seem to find recent directions on dealing with this issue in WHS PP3. Some of the suggestions involved applications such as WHS Cleanup Tool and Unlocker and WHS Conflict Resolver. These applications seem to be at least a year old and I certainly don't want to do anything to make what is currently a relatively minor issue worse. At present I have a 21MB mpg that I can't get rid of and because of that I cannot turn on Folder Duplication for my Videos Share. As I stated before I backup the Videos Share to an external drive so Folder Duplication is not a crisis for that folder.

Are there any "new" approaches to this issue?

quinta-feira, 24 de junho de 2010 21:54

Respostas

• This is an update.

I took a chance. I used Advanced Admin Console and installed Unlocker on my WHS. Still using the Advanced Admin Console I navigated to the mpg file that was the problem and right-clicked and selected Unlocker. Unlocker told me that TwonkyMedia was what had the file "open." I had Unlocker "unlock" the file and then deleted it. Nothing happened until I rebooted the WHS and the file was gone. I have turned Folder Duplication back on for the Video share and am hoping that my WHS does not report a file conflict for this file again.

• Marcado como Resposta jiminwmbg sexta-feira, 25 de junho de 2010 17:25
    sexta-feira, 25 de junho de 2010 17:24