Please use Connect site to submit your product suggestions

Discussão Geral

• The Windows Home Server team has re-enabled the Connect site, so you can new search through the existing suggestions and submit new product improvement ideas via the Connect site.  You can also vote and rate other people's suggestions.  For now, we will leave the Suggestions Forum open here, but if you really want your idea to be looked at and reviewed by the Windows Home Server team, then you should be using http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer.  The new product ideas end up in the product team's issue tracking database, the more votes and the higher the rating ....

• Please Do NOT Submit Bugs with the Suggestions form - please use the Windows Home Server Software forum on this site to get help troubleshooting issues or call support
    • Please Do NOT ask for more product keys, free software, etc. via the Connect site - these suggestions should stay on this forum - as they have nothing to do with improving the product.
    • Please use the Connect site for ideas and suggestions for enhancing the RTM version of the product, and please SEARCH before posting a new idea.   Duplicates cause a lot of unnecessary work !!

Here is the text from the Windows Home Server Connect site:

Review, Rate, Vote and Submit New Product Suggestions

The Windows Home Server team is interested in your suggestions and ideas of how to make the product better. We rely on the community to vote and rate these suggestions to help the team prioritize what is important.

Please take the time to search for existing suggestions prior to submitting a new idea, as it is easier to tabulate the votes if there aren't a bunch of duplicate / similar suggestions.

Note: The Windows Home Server team reviews these suggestions on a periodic basis to understand the top ideas from the community. Due to the volume of feedback, the team cannot commit to respond to each suggestion.

Get Connected

In order to submit and view suggestions you need to sign-up for the Windows Home Server Connect program. If you are already signed up for the Windows Home Server program, simply go to http://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer and sign in with your Windows Live ID.

If you would like to join the Windows Home Server Connect program, you need a Windows Live ID and then CLICK HERE.

************************************************************************************************************************************

I am sorry that I didn't get this posted yesterday - it has been a little busy around here ...

sexta-feira, 7 de setembro de 2007 00:21

Todas as Respostas

• Question: what about existing suggestions on Connect? I have several highly rated suggestions that are currently marked Closed (Postponed). Should they be resubmitted? Can they be reopened?
    segunda-feira, 10 de setembro de 2007 15:54
  • I have the same question as Ken. Should we re-submit a suggestion if it was closed early in the Beta?

segunda-feira, 10 de setembro de 2007 16:08
  • "Please Do NOT ask for more product keys, free software, etc. via the Connect site - these suggestions should stay on this forum - as they have nothing to do with improving the product."

Can I ask here for a Copy ? I can't find the download anymore (I do have a key via connect).

thanks,

B

terça-feira, 11 de setembro de 2007 12:35
  • The Beta has ended, WHS is no longer available for download. The software will be available(allready is in some markets) as OEM/System Builders package soon.

terça-feira, 11 de setembro de 2007 13:45
  •  

All of the existing suggestions have already been analyzed and incorporated into the large "wish list" for future versions of Windows Home Server.  The Windows Home Server team is getting together for a 2-day offsite next week to work and work and work through these lists feature area by feature area to get a first cut at prioritizing a list of features.

These lists will then be tested via quantitative customer research of both existing home server users (hopefully, they will be easy to find) and people that do not yet have a home server, but do have a broadband connection and 2 or more active home computers.

You do not need to re-enter your suggestions - however, we will keep track of the vote counts on the existing ones.

quinta-feira, 13 de setembro de 2007 06:10