I have a user who uses the Outlook client and the "View in CRM" button for an appointment is there but disabled. It happens no matter what machine they're using - I've had them logged in on their machine, my desktop and a virtual and it's disabled in each
instance (I was thinking maybe there was something cached locally). I thought it might be security role related, but I gave myself the same security roles as they have and "View in CRM" works just fine for me.
For the life of me I can't figure out why it's not enabled. I used the Outlook client tracing and while I see a few references to the View in CRM button when I run the trace when logged in as myself, I see the same results.