none
Clean Windows Home server 2011 install

Pergunta

• Well here's my problem. 6 months ago i purchased a OEM copy of WHS 2011 at a local retailer. I remember having some problems installing the software the first time, i was however able to install WHS and get it up and running just fine.

Now lets jump ahead to today. I powered my WHS down for an extended (1 month) time while i was out of town. When i returned home the PC would not boot up both regular and safe mode. I tried the recovery disk but it would not find the server....ugh the circles i worked in. anyways, I have backed up my data and formatted the Hard drives and want to do a clean install. The only disk i have is the disk that came with the software (its the recovery disk). As i said i remember having issues installing the software using this disk, BUT I CANT REMEMBER HOW I DID IT! I feel like an idiot but i need help! Does anybody know how to do a clean install using only the OEM disk?  The only options i have are to start a 64 or 32 bit recovery....

domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 03:59

Respostas

• Well guys as i said.....idiot. My package actually came with 3 disks. Disk 1: Recovery Disk 2: Preinstallation for system builders. aaand Disk 3 (that was on the floor behind the computer stand under a few papers) THE INSTALLATION DISK! I had in my mind that the package came with 2 disks.....anyways im sorry for wasting your time! Thank You!
    • Marcado como Resposta Bburnham1141 domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 22:30
    domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 22:30

Todas as Respostas

• I believe the disk you're attempting to use is the client computer restore disk, if it's offering the choice of a 32 or 64 bit recovery environment. It's certainly not the disk from which you originally installed Windows Home Server; since the OS is 64 bit only, you don't get offered this choice.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 04:36
  • Thanks for the quick response! I am aware that the disk that i am using is the recovery disk. Its also the only disk that came with the OEM package. I was able to install WHS using only this disk but i cannot remember how.....again i do feel like an idiot. I wish i had written down how i was able to accomplish this :)
    domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 21:42
  • WHS 2011 OEM comes with two disks:

• Client recovery disk ( which you appear to have)
    • Server installation/recovery disk

If you were not supplied with the latter (without which you could not have installed the OS) I would go back to your local retailer to confirm that you received a legitimate package.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 22:11
  • Well guys as i said.....idiot. My package actually came with 3 disks. Disk 1: Recovery Disk 2: Preinstallation for system builders. aaand Disk 3 (that was on the floor behind the computer stand under a few papers) THE INSTALLATION DISK! I had in my mind that the package came with 2 disks.....anyways im sorry for wasting your time! Thank You!
    • Marcado como Resposta Bburnham1141 domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 22:30
    domingo, 26 de fevereiro de 2012 22:30