sexta-feira, 1 de dezembro de 2006 02:25I decided I wanted to download the Windows Live Local Add-in for Microsoft
Office Outlook, and of course "validation" was required, so I did that.
For the first time ever it said my copy of FrontPage 2002 was not activated,
and so I can no longer download anything because I can't pass MS's
My Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 completed
validation; as did my copy of Microsoft OneNote 2003.
But not my FrontPage 2002.
All of my software was bought at retail, including my
copy of FrontPage 2002, which I had bought with my other Office 2002 software at
that time. I didn't get FrontPage 2003 when I purchased Office 2003 because the
upgrade was not compelling enough for my needs, so I kept 2002 on my
All of my software has been on my machine for years and I have NEVER had a
problem with validation until now.
I even tried hitting Help | Activate within FrontPage 2002 to see what would
happen, and of course it said that the program *had already been activated*!
Well, no kidding!
It says its licensed to me and has a product ID number in the About box; it's also at SP2.
Can anyone help me?
Todas as Respostas
sexta-feira, 1 de dezembro de 2006 13:14Activation Wizard Appears Each Time That You Start an Office Program: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316769/en-us
sexta-feira, 1 de dezembro de 2006 23:26What does that even mean? That has nothing to do with my problem. The activation wizard does not start anytime I open anything. I said that I tried to -- in effect -- re-activate FrontPage 2002 with Help | Activate, but it gave the message that it was already activated. So now I seem to be stuck.
terça-feira, 12 de dezembro de 2006 22:38
Can you try the following for me?
1) Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data\
2) Delete the data.dat file.
3) This data.dat file is for Office (not OGA).
4) Once the file has been deleted, open an Office application such as MS Word and or FrontPage and ACTIVATE it.
5) After product activation is successful, let’s try revalidating (this is the OGA part; Office Genuine Advantage): http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/Validate.aspx?displaylang=en