none
The volume does not contain a recognized file system (0x800703ed)

Întrebare

• Hi All, I have been trying to installing WHS on a new server but receive an error during installation.
    When WHS installer has finished formatting the hard drive, it attempts to start copying files but fails displaying an error:

The volume does not contain a recognized file system (0x800703ed)

Looking at the drive  on a windows vista pc there is a 20gb RAW partition and the rest untouched.

Thanks
    7 iulie 2008 19:16

Răspunsuri

• It sounds like you aren't getting your storage drivers loaded at the appropriate points. Please confirm that you are supplying all required storage drivers at two points in setup: during the initial graphical phase just after you boot from the DVD, and just after the first reboot, at the "Press F6" prompt. If you need drivers to see all your drives in the initial portion of setup, you will need to supply them at the "Press F6" prompt as well, though setup may imply otherwise.
    7 iulie 2008 19:26
  • Hi,

The error "0x80070002" has arisen in the past relating to either the DVD drive which causes problems. If you can exchange the drive, it would at least eliminate that possibility. Also, it has been seen when the system cannot recognise a flash drive.

I believe that as the first part of the installation used WinPE, it's possible that it's this that causes some of the problems related to the DVD and flash options.

Colin

7 iulie 2008 19:50

Toate mesajele

• It sounds like you aren't getting your storage drivers loaded at the appropriate points. Please confirm that you are supplying all required storage drivers at two points in setup: during the initial graphical phase just after you boot from the DVD, and just after the first reboot, at the "Press F6" prompt. If you need drivers to see all your drives in the initial portion of setup, you will need to supply them at the "Press F6" prompt as well, though setup may imply otherwise.
    7 iulie 2008 19:26
    7 iulie 2008 19:27
  • The bios is set to emulate IDE for the 3 SATA channels. besides - the only connected hard drive is connected via IDE cable.
    Installation is being done from an 8GB USB stick using the automation file. No prompts at all for drivers.

System has a black screen while booting with a grey status bar. Once this has done a vista style load screen starts. After this a GUI comes up and goes through the install process right up to formatting, it then completes the format in under 10min and generates the error message.

I have saved the error log if it would help? (Does it contain any sensitve information? Serial nos?)

Regards,

Alan.
    7 iulie 2008 19:32
  • [7/6/2008 8:25:08 AM  530] Copying files
    [TRACE] Looking for template _:\drivers
    [TRACE] Checked file C:\drivers, error 1005
    [TRACE] Checked file D:\drivers, error 2
    [TRACE] Checked file X:\drivers, error 2
    [TRACE] Template _:\drivers NOT FOUND!
    [TRACE] FindOnMedia : Exited (0x80070002)
    [TRACE] Looking for template _:\qs.ini
    [TRACE] Checked file C:\qs.ini, error 1005
    [7/6/2008 8:25:08 AM  530] Found file D:\qs.ini
    [TRACE] CopyFilesRecursively : Exited (0x800703ed)
    [TRACE] CopyFilesRecursively : Exited (0x800703ed)
    [7/6/2008 8:25:08 AM  530] ERROR: Failed to copy files.
    [7/6/2008 8:25:08 AM  530] Copying files failed. Error 0x800703ed.
    [7/6/2008 8:25:08 AM  530] Found file D:\qs.ini
    [7/6/2008 8:25:08 AM  530] MessageBox: Copying files failed: The volume does not contain a recognized file system.

Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.

(error code 0x800703ed).
    [TRACE] Step_WinPE : Exited (0x800703ed)
    [7/6/2008 4:20:56 PM  530] Windows Home Server setup failed. The error code is 0x800703ed. Please correct the problem and reboot to restart the setup program.
    [7/6/2008 4:20:58 PM  530] Found file D:\qs.ini
    [7/6/2008 4:20:58 PM  530] MessageBox: Windows Home Server installation failed. Do you want to view the installation log file?
    [7/6/2008 4:21:01 PM  530] Spawning process [notepad.exe "X:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs\q_setup.log"]

7 iulie 2008 19:36
  • Hi,

The error "0x80070002" has arisen in the past relating to either the DVD drive which causes problems. If you can exchange the drive, it would at least eliminate that possibility. Also, it has been seen when the system cannot recognise a flash drive.

I believe that as the first part of the installation used WinPE, it's possible that it's this that causes some of the problems related to the DVD and flash options.

Colin

7 iulie 2008 19:50
  • Hi,
    did you ever get an answer on this problem  I had a WHO load set up and then wiped it due to other errors
    now I am getting what you reported regarding 20gig raw and the rest empty.   I have one wd 500 gig sata
    16mb cache  also when I look at my error log it does not show the error in the list that yours did.
    thanks

21 ianuarie 2009 17:35