none
Software for Setting up the eMIPS (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com)

Întrebare

• Hello Everyone:

I am a newbie in eMIPS, now I want to implement the eMIPS to my own FPGA board which is XUPV5-LXT110T, now my question are:

1) I have Xilinx 10.1 but it seems Xilinx Partial Reconfiguration only support the ISE 9.2.4i, further, it says the PR will not work correctly with ISE WebPACK™, so is this the mandatory prerequisite to use Xilinx ISE 9.2.4i Foundation™ ? Or I can use Xilinx 10.1 +PR9.2.4i  ?

2) I would like to implement the eMIPS to the Virtex5 board, so what is the difference if I want to switch to Virtex5 board? which part do I need to modified? Will there be a new version of tutorial for Virtex5?
    I really appreciate your reply
    Best regards

peter
    22 iunie 2011 16:41
    Proprietar

Toate mesajele

• It is cool that you are thinking of porting eMIPS to the V5.  We have actually done that here at MSR.  I have put it on the V5 XUP and the BEE3.  Unfortunately the code is still rough and PR support has not been finished yet.  There are several improvements we have made as well to improve its capabilities.

I have only used the ISE 9.2 flow so I cannot comment on on that.  I know however that Xilinx is will be release a new flow very soon.  Depending on when that is, I will either start applying old flow shortly or start using the new flow. 

The biggest thing that I had to change when porting eMIPS from the V4 to the V5 was the clocking logic.  The clocking resources on the V5 are a little different so I had to update the clock generating module.  Other than that it was pretty straight forward.  The peripherals are the other potential hang up.  I can tell right now that the SRAM interface works without modification but the you will have to update the FLASH interface.  I have already done this as well.

We will release all this in the near future but it is going to take a while to clean up the code, document and test everything.  We have tentative plan to do a new release this winter.  Depending on your time frame this may be too far out.

22 iunie 2011 16:42
    Proprietar
  • <p>Wow! Your&nbsp;have done&nbsp;awesome jobs, yes,&nbsp;my time frame&nbsp;does not allow me to wait the newer version, so I will figure out the software version and do it as soon as possible.</p>
    <p>Thanks for your kindly reply :-)</p>
    <p>Best regards</p>
    22 iunie 2011 16:42
    Proprietar